Dear Road Hog Jag F Pace Driver in Dale Lace Ave

Sven137

You say you're a cyclist

While i was cycling down Dale Lace Avenue Randpark Ridge you hooted that i was in you way and cut very close to me.

When i caught up with you

I explained that i was avoiding the rubbish and debris in the gutter and you proceeded to explain to me that i should not have been that far in the road 1.5m from the curb

And that i should keep extreme left so as not to interfere with Motor Vehicles and that there was no way would you be prepared to wait or slow down behind a bicycle going 20 / 30kmh and that we should always keep extreme left as that's the rule of the road so as not to hinder cars.

I was going to commute to work this week but you put a stop to that, as i was a bit nervous of being knocked down, but was going to chance it.

But you as a "fellow" cyclist with a azzhole attitude that we cyclists should not hinder motor vehicles and stay in the gutter shocked me and i realised that if you as a fellow cyclist thought this and treated us with contempt , then other motorists won't give a damn..

You sir in your Flash F Type Jag are a narcissistic fool.  Please learn the rules of the road and respect "fellow" cyclists right to be on the road.

Not...  GET OUT OF MY WAY

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear TDC,

Your data service is terrible.

Your router should have worked from Day 1 but it didn't.

You're all jerks.

Ahhhhh.

Coffee time.

Hier gaan ons weer.

No Mate

I am seriously sick of these Azzholes on the road thinking we cyclists are nothing...  I want to commute but am terrified... Republic Road, William Nicol and Sandton Drive. on the road ..

What the hell is wrong with these people.. it's insane their mentality... and people die...

What the hell is wrong with these people.. it's insane their mentality... and people die...

I have a theory that due to the circumstances in SA that a lot of South Africans are suffering from a form of stress that makes them over aggressive

I have a theory that due to the circumstances in SA that a lot of South Africans are suffering from a form of stress that makes them over aggressive

Word

No Mate

I am seriously sick of these Azzholes on the road thinking we cyclists are nothing...  I want to commute but am terrified... Republic Road, William Nicol and Sandton Drive. on the road ..

Based on the description that driver does sound ignorant, but don't let them stop you too much from cycling - use a different road for the week if you have to.

I rode William Nichol for the first time last week and had a taxi and 1 or 2 cars nearly clip me. It was utterly awful, but tomorrow morning I'm back again, riding the same suburbs. I'm not saying ignore it or anything, just don't let it stop you from living out a lovely healthy (in a sense) hobby!

Just got a random thought that a big bunch of cyclists blocking WN drive like the taxi's block the highways when they want to be petty, but that's just it, its petty and someone will surely take it as a vehicle bowling challenge. 

Like chihuahua's backed into a corner and yes, it definitely includes me!

Actually, this happens the world over - nothing new in the zoo

To the OP - I'm saddened to hear of your altercation. So avoidable. Glad you got through it

No Mate

I am seriously sick of these Azzholes on the road thinking we cyclists are nothing... I want to commute but am terrified... Republic Road, William Nicol and Sandton Drive. on the road ..

Everyone is sick of it, including me. The same thread every week on he hub isn't gonna change anything.

The thing is, there has been talk of fossil fuels running out since I  was a boy. There are more cars on the road now than ever and no end in sight.

I think the only fossil fueled vehicle allowed on the road should be my Trek,

Actually, this happens the world over - nothing new in the zoo

To the OP - I'm saddened to hear of your altercation. So avoidable. Glad you got through it

It does, but compared to most countries I think SA has extra frustrations which increase the stress amongst its peoples.

The thing is, there has been talk of fossil fuels running out since I  was a boy. There are more cars on the road now than ever and no end in sight.

I think the only fossil fueled vehicle allowed on the road should be my Trek,

Well Played :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

OP, while I fully agree with you that driver's need to be more respectful (I recently had a BMW driver swearing at me and telling me I don't belong on the road as I was in front of him in a right turning lane and he had to wait two seconds longer), I wouldn't ride those roads you listed unless it's early in the morning.

I avoid them as they have no shoulder, and are always incredibly busy. I know we should be able to ride them, but is it worth the risk? Is there an alternative, less busy route you can use?

I have a question for the OP

Your profile pic is a motorbike. Are you a fan, do you own one?

If you do ride a motorbike, I hope you are not one of those azzholes who cut through traffic and think the rules are special for them...........

Just asking   :whistling:

Oh and yes I do feel for you this morning...............car drivers are idiots towards us cyclists generally

Archived