Canyon Aeroad - Read if you planning on purchasing one

button

Cookies?? Now we're talking!

This thread needs pictures of Canyon bikes. I'll oblige:

attachicon.gifIMG-20180810-WA0006.jpg

and this is why this Thread will in no way impact Canyon.

just look at it... 

...i still want one, but you know, for a sneaky on the side, not for taking home to mom and dad...

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, just because a pro does it, does not mean the manufacturer approves it. 

Pros throw their bikes too, sometimes they don't break, but if you do, and it does, do you have the same argument?

Nice try though.

So then why did the manufacturer use the pro as their example on how the OP should ride?

Again, just because a pro does it, does not mean the manufacturer approves it. 

Pros throw their bikes too, sometimes they don't break, but if you do, and it does, do you have the same argument?

Nice try though.

Canyon is about to get WAAAAAAY more warranty claims -  "I would have thought Canyon frames were designed to take a proper road throw like the pros do".

https://www.velonews.com/2016/10/news/jeremys-redhook-bike-throw-stack_422201

Each to their own I guess. If you feel this passionately about the issue then write to Canyon asking for more qarning signs. It'll take you less time than we have wasted discussing this.

Hahaha. Too true  :thumbup:

Does make me question buying one of their bikes though, which was a real possibility.

So then why did the manufacturer use the pro as their example on how the OP should ride?

You mean this part? 

"Whilst it is of course very tempting to mimic what pro riders are doing it should always be considered, that on the one hand they are usually much more experienced regarding bike handling and many do not actually sit on the top tube but rather hover over it keeping tension in the legs. "

Hahaha. Too true  :thumbup:

Does make me question buying one of their bikes though, which was a real possibility.

Don't google it - you'll never buy another bike if you do!  :thumbup:

Didn't one sit on the top tube circa 1870's? 

although, the bicycle manufacturers did provide a seat for that exact reason.

Didn't one sit on the top tube circa 1870's? 

although, the bicycle manufacturers did provide a seat for that exact reason.

Yes, but the carbon frames were much stronger back then, I guess they don't make them like they used to...

I'm guessing you'll have to throw in another R30k for any of the other 3!

Good point.... but maybe their TT will be strong enough whereas now he is going to have to keep on paying ever time the TT breaks.

Good point.... but maybe their TT will be strong enough whereas now he is going to have to keep on paying ever time the TT breaks.

or maybe stop sitting on the top tube.....

It is a viable alternative that the Sandton crowd seems to be dancing around. You Okes ride together and TT surf down Katherine every afternoon don't you..??

Yes, but the carbon frames were much stronger back then, I guess they don't make them like they used to...

These days the bikes have build in "design flaw" to make money

Edited by Quagga