Canyon Aeroad - Read if you planning on purchasing one

button

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, just because a pro does it, does not mean the manufacturer approves it. 

Pros throw their bikes too, sometimes they don't break, but if you do, and it does, do you have the same argument?

Nice try though.

Sitting on the TT is done while trying to win.

Throwing the bike is done while trying to lose.

That was a seat post issue so you're still the only multiple top tube breaker.

Edit: And it was the older model.

And it was related to the seat tube clamp.

That was a seat post issue so you're still the only multiple top tube breaker.

Edit: And it was the older model.

A frame issue. Near the seatpost. And I wouldt have broken 3 frames if I knew what happened the first time. If your aim is to put this down to user error how, then, have I never broken a top tube before the Aeroad? I had Giant for 2 years no issues? I rode a pinarello for a while and no issues... but as soon as I’m on the Canyon, 3 of them brake? 3-4 years of riding before this and no top tube breaks. In 3 months I broke the same bike, 3 times, in the same spot... forgive me but that seems odd.

A frame issue. Near the seatpost. And I wouldt have broken 3 frames if I knew what happened the first time. If your aim is to put this down to user error how, then, have I never broken a top tube before the Aeroad? I had Giant for 2 years no issues? I rode a pinarello for a while and no issues... but as soon as I’m on the Canyon, 3 of them brake? 3-4 years of riding before this and no top tube breaks. In 3 months I broke the same bike, 3 times, in the same spot... forgive me but that seems odd.

I would say buy yourself a "Chanyon" for a fraction of the price if you are hell bent on the frame design. Its will be far more durable!! 

There's the problem Canyon alluded too....

lack of experience

Personally I think you just got lucky before the Aeroad. Now you've bought a bike less tolerant to abuse. That's how it goes.

PS: I've cracked two GIANTS but never a Cannondale. Does that make Cannondale better or the GIANT flawed or me unlucky

I have no idea who you are and how you ride a bicycle - obviously the combination of your riding style and the Aeroad makes for a broken top tube.

Logic dictates that if the bike alone was the problem the internet would be flooded with multiple broken top tube Aeroads. It isn't. There is a smattering at best.

You said you weighed 86kg right? That is a lot of weight to be putting on a top tube - like I asked before - would you stand on your top tube? Maybe do a little jump or two to load it up? Not a fark would I stand on my top tube - super tucking puts the same force on albeit with a little fleshy shock absorption. You seem to think it's ok to put your weight on a tube that was never designed to take weight. I don't.

This thread has highlighted a problem that riders have created for themselves. Job done.

It also taught me that super tucking is illegal - interesting!

Did you ride on all of their top tubes? That means you were doing it before Sagan or Froome? #Innovator 

Did you ride on all of their top tubes? That means you were doing it before Sagan or Froome? #Innovator

I suspect that neither actually "sits" on the TT, but rather supports his weight on the pedals, bars and strong core muscles.

I suspect that neither actually "sits" on the TT, but rather supports his weight on the pedals, bars and strong core muscles.

As was stated by the unfriendly Canyon staff in the mail.

This has been interesting. i had an idea the Hub had lost its zing, but it hasn't The place is still frequented by super duper tjops. I'm looking forward to Friday.