Tour de France 2019

gummibear

The beauty of sport

Simon barely makes the roster for le Tour and wins and wins

Adam goes down the ladder of snakes and ladders after being a team hopeful for GC

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the beginning of the end of JA that everyone has been waiting for, or just a couple of seconds lost on a stage where he could have lost so much more?

Love the intrigue of it all.

More big mountains to come this final week that will reveal all.

Either way, the Frenchies should be happy with JA in yellow and Pinot in the form of his life. Do they dare to dream of a French winner?

You've seen the stages still to come hey..oh man he has a fight on his hands..

Looks like Ineos are still backing Thomas...if they were backing Bernal Poels would've chased down Pinot.

Many riders will be very happy that tomorrow is a rest day.

I don't give a hoot who wins as long as they're not wearing an Ineos branded Jersey.

Alaphilippe would be my preferred choice

Pinot a worthy substitute

Kruiswijk would be massive

I don't give a hoot who wins as long as they're not wearing an Ineos branded Jersey.

Alaphilippe would be my preferred choice

Pinot a worthy substitute

Kruiswijk would be massive

Agreed Kruiswijk would be massive! Especially given how he fluffed a chance at winning a GT in the Giro a few years back. That said of your other choices I reckon Pinot might be the more likely candidate for the win. And I certainly wouldn't be displeased with that outcome either. Kinda think next week might be a bit much for JA to hold onto the Mailliot Juane.

My 2c's worth.

You've seen the stages still to come hey..oh man he has a fight on his hands..

Honestly, I don't think JA has what it takes this year, but man-o-man am I enjoying the fight he is showing. I would be over the moon if he finds a way to win.

But I think he will pop like Yates did at Giro2018 and move out of the top 10 very quickly once he pops.

But they should know that he has now tasted yellow and will come back at some stage to tackle the GC challenge and nobody will be able to beat him then.

Agreed that a win for anyone else but Ineos would be good.

Yeah possibly. He's had a massive two weeks thus far. French press are taking too much of his time too so the team has to manage this if they're serious about his challenge

Agreed Kruiswijk would be massive! Especially given how he fluffed a chance at winning a GT in the Giro a few years back. That said of your other choices I reckon Pinot might be the more likely candidate for the win. And I certainly wouldn't be displeased with that outcome either. Kinda think next week might be a bit much for JA to hold onto the Mailliot Juane.

My 2c's worth.

Too much for his team too, they will have to sacrifice any other hopes for stage wins and with 2 stages were Viviani could win coming up...big decisions need to be made on rest day.

Viviani absolutely emptied himself for JA today...well done to him

Damn Pinot is looking fantastic.

Yeah possibly. He's had a massive two weeks thus far. French press are taking too much of his time too so the team has to manage this if they're serious about his challenge

After today they will be hyping up Pinot in a very big way.. and he does not like that sort of pressure.. We can just hope they continue to talk about JA and let Pinot do his thing.. cause he is looking by far the best out of the GC guys.

Honestly, I don't think JA has what it takes this year, but man-o-man am I enjoying the fight he is showing. I would be over the moon if he finds a way to win.

But I think he will pop like Yates did at Giro2018 and move out of the top 10 very quickly once he pops.

But they should know that he has now tasted yellow and will come back at some stage to tackle the GC challenge and nobody will be able to beat him then.

Agreed that a win for anyone else but Ineos would be good.

JA gained a lot of time in the early stages when he wasn't a threat to the GC. If he decides to come back with GC aspirations, the GC guys might not let him get away on those early stages.

The GC contenders who were on the podium all looked absolutely spent and there are still massive climbs to come especially on Thursday and Saturday.

It is impossible to predict who will win but I think it will be one of the riders currently occupying positions 2-5.

The winner will probably only emerge during the last climb of Saturday, a 33 km grind to the ski resort Val Thores.  

Kudus to Elia Viviani who worked unselfishly for Alaphilipe up till the second last climb today and also to Roman Kreuzinger who fought his way into position 14 while receiving just about zero support from his TDD teammates.