Tour de France 2019

gummibear

This is well worth a listen/watch. Si and Neil discussing the Tour from a mountain biking perspective and whether XCO racers could be contenders at the Tour with Schurter and Van der Poel the examples used. Interesting stuff from the global boys!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they will probably not enforce the last feedstation at 10km rule today and allow teams to get drinks to their riders along the final climb also on thursday, friday and  saturday

Just saying...:

Weather at NÎMES

37.0°C | Sunny
Windspeed is 20.0km/h
Cross headwind from the left

Looks like a day for the sprinters. Hoping for crosswinds but doubt it. My top 3 today Groenewegen, Ewan, Sagan. Matthews upset cause Sunweb said Bol is their sprinter today. Quickstep and Viviani should be a bit tired

TDD is in the break.

I repeat, TDD has a man in the break! Lars Bak

However, I do not see teams like Bora and Lotto Soudal letting this Sprint day go to the breakaway group.

(I have been wrong so many times this tour, lets try the double bluff)

TDD is in the break.

I repeat, TDD has a man in the break! Lars Bak

However, I do not see teams like Bora and Lotto Soudal letting this Sprint day go to the breakaway group.

(I have been wrong so many times this tour, lets try the double bluff)

I think the sprinters will fight really hard to ensure a bunch gallop. At least TDD is the break.

I have fingers crossed that one of Ewan or Groenewegen wins with preference to the Dutchie.

Edited by Mntboy

I think the sprinters will fight really hard to ensure a bunch gallop. At least TDD is the break.

I have fingers crossed that one of Ewan or Groenewegen wins with preference to the Dutchie.

Pan-Flat run in = Groenewegen or ViViani, with Sagan comfortably in the Top 5.

With Nizollo out, TDD wil be delivering EBH for the sprint, but he will need to settle for a Top10. 

14:38 Defending champion Geraint Thomas has crashed by himself in the middle of the peloton in a curve. He's back on his bike.

14:47:Geraint Thomas is again in the peloton after getting feeding from his team car.

Mikel Landa? He is Spanish, and used to the heat and climbs. Will he be given Carte Blanche with the non performance of Quintana?

Quintana really turned out to be a flop, the one year he has a good shot of winning and he is nowhere.

Its still very much open as the mountains will always be the decider.

Well today now they just have to do a quick "94.7" and they're finished. We've all done that in the heat.....

Quintana really turned out to be a flop, the one year he has a good shot of winning and he is nowhere.

Its still very much open as the mountains will always be the decider.

I feel a bit bleak for Nairo. I've not seen him talk himself up at all, yet the Spanish press seem to have given him a far bigger send-up than perhaps he'd have liked.

Mikel Landa? He is Spanish, and used to the heat and climbs. Will he be given Carte Blanche with the non performance of Quintana?

Actually Basque ... bit milder there that on the Spanish flats