Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

Hi David

What happened to my fitness graph - all of a sudden my form line goes deep into the RED - last week it was hovering in the green

post-2304-0-08058900-1589538495_thumb.png

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The /fitness page and other places that display form can now show it as a percentage of fitness instead of an absolute number. This makes the form zones (optimal training etc.) more applicable to athletes with less than 100 fitness. This setting is available in “Options” on the fitness page and in /settings. “Percentage of fitness” is the default setting for new athletes.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2020-05-08 at 06.17.25.png

Hi David

What happened to my fitness graph - all of a sudden my form line goes deep into the RED - last week it was hovering in the green

attachicon.gifAnnotation 2020-05-15 122733.png

Madmarc, I suspect your Form profile went to the "percentage of fitness" setting... for me at least it shows a vastly different level of Form compared to the Absolute Number.

I like the percentage display as an option, but I prefer the Absolute number as it is what I am used to.

Madmarc, I suspect your Form profile went to the "percentage of fitness" setting... for me at least it shows a vastly different level of Form compared to the Absolute Number.

I like the percentage display as an option, but I prefer the Absolute number as it is what I am used to.

Ahah - thanks for that - At least I now know what i did that changed it.

I actually thought the form was a % and the change was to reflect fitness line as a % not the form line

I prefer the absolute number to make sure i stay in the Optimum zone (20 to -30)  for me above 20 i'm undertraining and below -30 i'm overtraining 

You can now add your own charts to the fitness page. Click "Options" and then "Add Chart". You can plot many different data points with different ways of aggregating the data. More will follow as well as filtering options (e.g. by activity type) and so on.

post-5083-0-17165600-1589817411_thumb.png

David, your 3rd party app/programme going to be affected by Strava's changes to their API?

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/05/strava-cuts-off-leaderboard-for-free-users-reduces-3rd-party-apps-for-all-and-more.html

Reading the article, I'm on a free membership, and can still view the leader board. So not sure the 10:00 Pacific Time was real (maybe tomorrow it will be "broken".

To be very specific, here’s what non-paying users will see going forward:

Free users:

•    Top 10 all-time and top 10 women Results in Leaderboard

•    New Segment Creation is allowed

•    Segment Detail screen is allowed (just not leaderboard details)

•    Segment Explore / Search is allowed

•    Flagging Segments is allowed

•    Activity achievements is shown on a ride (KOM’s, CR’s, PR’s)

Paying Subscribers only:

•    All segment leaderboards (including following/clubs/this year/age groups/weight classes)

•    Analyze segment efforts

•    Compare your results

•    Analyze your efforts

As they are offering a 60-day free trial, I've submitted my details, and will cancel tomorrow.

Reading the article, I'm on a free membership, and can still view the leader board. So not sure the 10:00 Pacific Time was real (maybe tomorrow it will be "broken".

To be very specific, here’s what non-paying users will see going forward:

Free users:

• Top 10 all-time and top 10 women Results in Leaderboard

• New Segment Creation is allowed

• Segment Detail screen is allowed (just not leaderboard details)

• Segment Explore / Search is allowed

• Flagging Segments is allowed

• Activity achievements is shown on a ride (KOM’s, CR’s, PR’s)

Paying Subscribers only:

• All segment leaderboards (including following/clubs/this year/age groups/weight classes)

• Analyze segment efforts

• Compare your results

• Analyze your efforts

As they are offering a 60-day free trial, I've submitted my details, and will cancel tomorrow.
Was more about the 44,000 apps and other links that use Strava API.

Segments and leaderboards i have no interest in. In fact my strava account has been on private for 2 years or so and is hardly looked at. Generally strava still just there for ease of sync of data elsewhere, i.e intervals.icu, xert etc, and to log running shoe mileage.

Edited by shaper

Was more about the 44,000 apps and other links that use Strava API.

Segments and leaderboards i have no interest in. In fact my strava account has been on private for 2 years or so and is hardly looked at. Generally strava still just there for ease of sync of data elsewhere, i.e intervals.icu, xert etc, and to log running shoe mileage.

Was aware of that (the 44000 apps using the API.

The article says it would be switched off at 10:00 (Pacific Time) which was 19:00 our time. 2 hours late and counting, unless one updates the mobile app. I just wonder how long they will be able to sustain their, perceived dwindling, subscription base.

Was aware of that (the 44000 apps using the API.

The article says it would be switched off at 10:00 (Pacific Time) which was 19:00 our time. 2 hours late and counting, unless one updates the mobile app. I just wonder how long they will be able to sustain their, perceived dwindling, subscription base.

DC says that they could go either way, either force people to subscribe and survive or not be around in a year or 2.

From reading the web, many not interested in paying and looking at alternatives.  Those who do hunt segments are talking of using Garmin segments and the recently introduced route planner integration with devices will use Komoot rather than strava planner.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont have a power meter so my weekend riding is just with a HR monitor.

So the ride then shows with no load, so my weekend rides mean absolutely nothing  :w00t: .

I have tried to put a load value in but its gone a day or two later...

I dont have a power meter so my weekend riding is just with a HR monitor.

So the ride then shows with no load, so my weekend rides mean absolutely nothing :w00t: .

I have tried to put a load value in but its gone a day or two later...

ImAll my weekends since lockdown level 4 started has been without the PM, and it shows a load on all activities that are HR only.

I’m sure there’s a setting somewhere that needs to be ticked, updated, etc. I don’t know myself, so I’m sure the answer will follow in a post or two.

Edit: found it: Intervals.icu estimates training load for HR only activities using models built from previous activities with power and HR or the HR data alone

Edited by Frosty

Older rides (before March) does have a load value.

Hopefully David will assist with an answer

Older rides (before March) does have a load value.

Hopefully David will assist with an answer

Could you please msg me a link to one of these activities so I can have a look. Tx.

As a multisport athlete it would be awesome if there were some way to filter the training load chart by activity type (seeing the effect of just runs or just rides)

This is now possible using custom charts on the /fitness page. You can add "Load" with "Fitness average" and then filter for the activity types you need.

https://forum.intervals.icu/t/custom-charts-on-fitness-page-started/922/34

Hi David,

On WKO4, they have a feature called “match”, i.e. any effort >120% of FTP that is longer than a 60s. They actually show anything at 100% >FTP, but color them depending on the % above FTP.

As your software detects intervals, I would think this could be a cool visual to see - the number of matches burnt in that specific activity.

Are you be allowed to show these matches? I think it would be a cool feature to have. Or is it a registered/trademark/copyright that can only be used by Hunter Allen and Dr Andy Coggan?

Something similar to this just got implemented:

post-5083-0-63891400-1591042197_thumb.png

https://forum.intervals.icu/t/delta-tss-30s-for-showing-where-it-hurted-the-most/898/7