Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

David - I have been riding an eBike every so often with no power meter, only HR. I get the hrTss score from training peaks and manually enter it into intervals.icu where the load has a question mark. After a few days, I check back and the load has disappeared therefor effecting the CTL graph. Can you look in to this or am I doing something wrong?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David - I have been riding an eBike every so often with no power meter, only HR. I get the hrTss score from training peaks and manually enter it into intervals.icu where the load has a question mark. After a few days, I check back and the load has disappeared therefor effecting the CTL graph. Can you look in to this or am I doing something wrong?

I might have fixed that recently. When did it last happen? I fixed a number of places where a "re-sync with Strava" might have wiped out existing changes.

There is a new achievement for when Intervals.icu thinks your threshold heart rate has gone up. You can click it to change your threshold HR (and other HR zones) for future activities. In this case I am not changing anything … I lost my only bottle in the first few minutes and got a bit thirsty!

The algorithm uses 98% of your best 20m HR or your best 60m HR, whichever is higher.

post-5083-0-69650700-1596954233_thumb.png

When will this feature be available for power?

Is is already. There are achievements for FTP up and new best power for any of the durations you are watching in "Best efforts".

Thanks. Will have a closer look. Don't recall getting a prompt.

Go harder, for longer. [emoji2957][emoji2957]

Edit: check your email, linked to the app.

The notification of better power is sent by email too.

Edited by Frosty

Thanks. Will have a closer look. Don't recall getting a prompt.

When your eFTP goes up you can't click on it to update your FTP yet, if thats what you meant. You have to go to settings to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

You can now upload planned workouts from Intervals.icu to Garmin devices via Garmin Connect.

This made me wonder whether I can simply import my Workout Calendar from Garmin Connect into Intervals.icu. (I have a Marathon Training Plan from Garmin that I am working through)

It works relatively fine, I think the basic issue is that the .ics file from Garmin is a bit faulty to start off with, thus some of the Workouts only come in as Notes, whereas some of the simple notes like "Rest Day" don't pull through at all.

Ideal world would be to just work through intervals for everything once the calendar is published. It is very close to being there.

David, is there any way of viewing a running plot of efficiency (of each ride) in much the same way as we can view fitness, form etc. ? It could be interesting to see how this tracks with training blocks, life stress and so on.

Edited by RyanAW

David, is there any way of viewing a running plot of efficiency (of each ride) in much the same way as we can view fitness, form etc. ? It could be interesting to see how this tracks with training blocks, life stress and so on.

You can add custom plots to the /fitness page which will do this and lots of other things. Click "Options" and then "Add Chart" and choose "Custom". The click "Add Plot" and choose "Efficiency":

post-5083-0-95945600-1598470929_thumb.png

There are lots of other things you can plot. Each chart can have left and right y-axis and you can add multiple plots to the same chart so long as there is axis space.

Here are some examples: https://forum.intervals.icu/t/how-do-you-have-your-fitness-chart-configured-and-why/1553

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...