Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

Tx for all the info. I will check the data. Those differences are big.

I will have a look see whats up with actives prior to 28th June not getting training load.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last 3 indoor wattbike sessions using power

TP TSS: 70, 56, 50

Intervals.icu training load: 61, 32, 49

The 61 and 32 TSS watt bike sessions have power spikes that Intervals.icu has fixed. These might well make up the difference in TSS. You can see the original power by clicking "Charts" and selecting "Raw Power":

post-5083-0-17934400-1564204832_thumb.png

Intervals.icu now supports sharing activities with other athletes and groups. Create a group in /chat, add your riding buddies and share activities with them to get advice to help with your training. Only people who are following you will be able to view activities shared in chat.

post-5083-0-66701000-1564428774_thumb.png

Edited by davidtinker

Hi David,

I did a Zwift Race this evening and I saw there was a difference in TSS score.

Unfortunately I did not capture the 'Ride Report' but Zwift TSS were 66 and ICU 36.

I have noticed the same for previous races/workouts.

Is there perhaps a setting that I need to tweak?

Thanks.

I did a Zwift Race this evening and I saw there was a difference in TSS score.

Unfortunately I did not capture the 'Ride Report' but Zwift TSS were 66 and ICU 36.

I have noticed the same for previous races/workouts.

Is there perhaps a setting that I need to tweak?

Thats a big difference. Can you please mail me (david@intervals.icu) a link to the ride on intervals.icu and I will have a look. Also please check your FTP on Zwift and Intervals.icu. Thanks.

What about adding some additional graphs to track FTP / Weight / De-coupling / HR Drift / PWR to HR etc

Just an idea

I see my weight doesn't update on each activity - I changed it in settings as well on STRAVA but it still reflects the old weight on new activities.

I just tried to reproduce this. I nuked one of my activities, changed my weight in settings, refreshed on the calendar and it showed up with correct weight. Are you still having hassles with this? You might be doing something slightly different.

Hi David

I don't really know what to do with this, but just thought I would let you know:

My FTP has always hovered around 240 to 280w depending on how good I have been training.

Last week, I wanted to see where my 60s power limit is and I subsequently picked a hill which would suffice and gave it berries, emptied everything. The resultant calculated FTP from intervals.icu makes my FTP 334W, which would be great if it were true.

But, I have subsequently done a Ramp test indoor and again emptied the tank completely, but the calculated FTP came to 270W. I suspected that my calibration or resolve wasn't ideal so I waited a couple of days and then tried again, but only reached an FTP of 274W. Which is way below the 334W calculated from my 60s effort.

What do you think is happening? Is the inside/outside power discrepancy that big that it can explain the difference in numbers?

Obviously I will use the indoor figures for indoor training going forward.

From what I have read people can usually get more power outdoors but not that much more. Its quite likely that a 60s max effort isn't long enough to be reliable for you (and likely others). I am planning on making the minimum duration configurable soon (2 or 3 mins should work better).

A ramp test is one of the best measures so you should certainly use that.

I'm probably using intervals.icu in its most basic form, but it helps me keep track! Fitness has picked up around 15 points in the last three weeks and tapering week for Trans Baviaans going well. I'll be fresh come Saturday..

post-119556-0-98208000-1565079082_thumb.jpg

Haven't done a FTP test since end of April..will give it a go again after TB.

From what I have read people can usually get more power outdoors but not that much more. Its quite likely that a 60s max effort isn't long enough to be reliable for you (and likely others). I am planning on making the minimum duration configurable soon (2 or 3 mins should work better).

A ramp test is one of the best measures so you should certainly use that.

Thanks.

It does feel like a 60s effort can be heavily influenced by the anaerobic portion of the effort, thus a longer interval should give us a more accurate FTP value.

A 4min or 5min all-out effort is really painful but it is probably more accurate, which in essence is what a Ramp test is. I have no intention of doing a 20min FTP ever again, will leave that sort of efforts for race-day...

I look forward to your implementation of the minimum duration configuration. I will pick a 2 to 3min hill and give it berries, then compare to the Ramp Test FTP and give you feedback  :w00t:  

Hey David

How do i delete an activity off my calendar - When i do and IDT session the source is the TR app and my Garmin both of which upload to strava, I then delete the Garmin session off strava as i only use this for Disco points.

In the past when i deleted a strava activity it automatically synced and deleted it of intervals as well - Now it seems to be not happening 

It should delete automatically but I have seen in the past that sometimes that doesn't happen. Please send me a link to the zombie activity. I will add some sort of backup sync to make sure it gets nuked.