Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

Hi David, 

So I forgot my Wahoo at home for a ride and had to record it using my phone and Garmin. My Garmin does not have power data and my phone did not record the entire ride. 

So what I did was to set the phone recording to private on Strava, both came through to your site as expected. I then set the "load" to 0 on the ride with the power. Will this then correctly use the Garmin HR data only for the fitness graph? Only using the partial ride with power for reference, eg max efforts etc?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what I did was to set the phone recording to private on Strava, both came through to your site as expected. I then set the "load" to 0 on the ride with the power. Will this then correctly use the Garmin HR data only for the fitness graph? Only using the partial ride with power for reference, eg max efforts etc?

Yes that will probably work. Setting the load to 0 will definitely exclude the power ride from the fitness chart but it will still impact power curves and so on. The other HR only activity should have load estimated from HR as normal.

Yes that will probably work. Setting the load to 0 will definitely exclude the power ride from the fitness chart but it will still impact power curves and so on. The other HR only activity should have load estimated from HR as normal.

Awesome thanks, that is exactly what I was trying to do. Great tool by the way, 

Not related to the post above.

Was listening to a podcast through TrainingPeaks. Most people get the 80-20 principle wrong, as it’s not time-based but rather session-based, i.e. 8/10 sessions are low intensity for a longer duration and 2/10 workouts are hard, short but intensive sessions, which also includes recovery. If it was time-based, it would be closer to 90/10.

Intervals.icu now supports heart rate zones for cycling and running and tracks how much time you spend in each zone. For activities without power the HR zones are used for your weekly "time in zones" stats. Even if you always ride with a power meter the relationship between power and heart rate is worth monitoring. Go to https://intervals.icu/settings to configure.

post-5083-0-52809600-1572020766_thumb.png

post-5083-0-20909800-1572020896_thumb.png

The fact that I can manually add workouts, even in the future, and then see the Fitness effects are really usefull to ensure I arrive at the start line Fit and Fresh. :thumbup:

Just a question/suggestion:

I can currently have the Activities open on one tab and next to it the Fitness Graph in another tab which updates immediately as I make changes, which is very convenient to do planning. For manual entries in the future, how difficult would it be to enable the user to drag the entries from date to date? 

And a follow up on that, would it be possible to have a split screen setup where you have the Fitness page and the activities page on the same page? The two tabs work fine if it is a hassle.

Dragging calendar entries around is easy enough. I have added that to the todo list. Tx.

Split screen setup is possible but quite tricky. There isn't a lot of space. So probably leaving that to having multiple tabs/windows is probably best.

When this message appears, what should I be doing?

I've logged out, and back in but it still shows. Cleared browsing history too.

post-1372-0-32492700-1572428164_thumb.png

I did click OK, but didn't notice any difference.... hence asking, if I might be missing something.

I did click OK, but didn't notice any difference.... hence asking, if I might be missing something.

You just need to click OK. You might not see anything different, even the smallest change triggers a reload. This whole business is causing a lot of confusion, I am going to try get rid of some of it soon. I need to avoid reloading the app while someone is filling in a dialog or they will lose their work.

Hi David!

I've just added a few future workouts to my calendar (all of them with a prescripted load) but it did not affect my fitness graph. Dono if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a bug.

How should I proceed?

My nickname on intervals is Gean Gustavo Brum.

Thanks

I've just added a few future workouts to my calendar (all of them with a prescripted load) but it did not affect my fitness graph. Dono if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a bug.

Hmm. I just had a look at your fitness chart and it seems to be working now. Were you making changes in one window to see the effect in another?

post-5083-0-52533200-1572924357_thumb.png

The fitness chart only shows about 5 days into the future by default. If you want to see further choose a date from the date drop down (e.g. "November 2019").