Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

The load is estimated from your average HR for the activity. You can see this on the activity HR page:

https://intervals.icu/activities/2859171069/hr

Your average HR is so low the model says -4.8 TSS/h so gives it a training load of 1 :) You can edit the load. I don't know how to go about estimating the fitness impact of a gym session though. Maybe 1 is right.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks David.

That all makes sense.

A mate here is using intervals.icu but doesn't use a HR based watch doing gym. How can he add load to a manually created workout? If possible.

The load is estimated from your average HR for the activity. You can see this on the activity HR page:

https://intervals.icu/activities/2859171069/hr

Your average HR is so low the model says -4.8 TSS/h so gives it a training load of 1 :) You can edit the load. I don't know how to go about estimating the fitness impact of a gym session though. Maybe 1 is right.

You should be able to edit training load for any activity, even ones with no HR or power.

On my mates page:

I've had a look and you can see the "light blue" activity on the tile view. When you go to the list view, you can't see the workout. When you click on the activity in the tile view, you can't seem to edit it regarding load.

The same applies to my page.

I hope I'm not missing the obvious and causing a nuisance. 

post-7393-0-70084100-1573636527_thumb.png

post-7393-0-93767500-1573636542_thumb.png

post-7393-0-25503800-1573636554_thumb.png

On my mates page:

I've had a look and you can see the "light blue" activity on the tile view. When you go to the list view, you can't see the workout. When you click on the activity in the tile view, you can't seem to edit it regarding load.

The same applies to my page.

I hope I'm not missing the obvious and causing a nuisance. 

Hmm. There should be an "Edit" button at the bottom of that dialog if it is one of your own workouts or the athlete you are looking at has set you as "Coach". So can you not edit even your own stuff?

Calendar entries are not shown on the list view yet.

I haven't opened your site for some time.  Logged in earlier today and just thought I'd let you know the improvements you've made since starting out are great!

Love the info about decoupling and the rider type and category!

Thanks! Had a lot of good input from people here and elsewhere.

Loving this tool so far, looks like I can do one more session before 947 and still be fresh, looking at the twitter ride. Will be using this much more now that I have a power meter on most rides. 

Also can clearly see went waaaay too hard, and got sick just after, so we learn.

post-135922-0-54315100-1573715667_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gr3mlin131

Hi David,

Thanks for the great tool! Been using it to manage load for a few weeks, and it's been great.

Yesterday I started a ride with a power meter on the bike, but switched to another bike after about 10 minutes.  The workout picks up that there was a power meter at the start and thus doesn't calculate TSS based on HR for the ride.

Is there a way that I can delete the power data from this ride, or select that it uses hrTSS like one can do on TrainingPeaks?

Cheers!

Hi All

Just as a reference please with the questions so far:

1 - I am not here to judge or critique your current coach you working with. If you not happy with him or her, make the personal decision to move. I cannot say he or she is good or not. Its not professional on my behalf. As reference, if you feel you not progressing or have stagnated, then that should be addressed.

2 - I cannot prescribe you training for weeks leading to a race based off a question on what you need to do. I am more than happy and have given advice and suggestions going forward.

Other than that - all good.

Cheers. 

Yesterday I started a ride with a power meter on the bike, but switched to another bike after about 10 minutes.  The workout picks up that there was a power meter at the start and thus doesn't calculate TSS based on HR for the ride.

Is there a way that I can delete the power data from this ride, or select that it uses hrTSS like one can do on TrainingPeaks?

Thanks!

If you have configured HR zones in /settings then you can look at the /hr page for the activity to see what the TSS would be estimated from the HR data. You can then just edit the training load for the activity and fill in that value.

If you can sent me a link to the activity intervals.icu I can have a look.

Thanks!

If you have configured HR zones in /settings then you can look at the /hr page for the activity to see what the TSS would be estimated from the HR data. You can then just edit the training load for the activity and fill in that value.

If you can sent me a link to the activity intervals.icu I can have a look.

Great, configured the HR zones and noticed the new data page open up.  All sorted thanks.

Intervals.icu now uses a model based on time in heart rate zones to estimate training load for activities without power. If you don't have enough rides with power and heart rate then a general model is used. So even if you don't have a power meter you can use Intervals.icu to plan your training on the calendar and track your fitness, time in zones, ask a coach for help etc.

post-5083-0-18136300-1574276522_thumb.png

Thanks David very Impressed with the work you have done, and best of all no subscription or CC required  :clap: not yet anyways.

WRT accuracy.  I have noticed quite a difference in the way the hrTSS is calculated between various apps that i use.  With all the different methodologies views all i can say is what i was educated by my boss about some stuff we did a long time ago "Dont faff too much about the actual number, manage the trend".  and i have taken this approach with fitness trends and charts. :ph34r:

Hi David,

Thank you for all of your effort into this great website for us cyclists, really it is freakin awesome!

I tried out Training Peaks Premium when I had a bit of coaching and I was like:

"Intervals.icu can do all this"

So I sold my account.

Keep up the fantastic work!