Giro d'Italia 2019

ScottCM

Is todays stage going to give us the fastest ever average speed?!

Or is everyone just too buggered... 

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is todays stage going to give us the fastest ever average speed?!

Or is everyone just too buggered... 

Depends on who goes into the break me thinks.... As the peloton will judge their pace on them.

Today it should be Ackerman or Demare ........ or Gibbons     :P .

yes, the points jersey is a 2horse race, and today is the day it gets decided.

the winner then has to ride this on saturday if he wants to be awarded the jersey in verona

race-20-profile.jpg

The loser gets to go home.

I think there might be some soft pedalling!

yes, the points jersey is a 2horse race, and today is the day it gets decided.

the winner then has to ride this on saturday if he wants to be awarded the jersey in verona

race-20-profile.jpg

The loser gets to go home.

I think there might be some soft pedalling!

Or the loser will do everything in his power to make the time cut-off in the hope that the winner doesn't make the cut...? :huh:

Carapaz is def the new best prospect for the future. With Landa moving to Merida, Movistar should fall over their feet to give him a substantial contract

Edited by Jaco-fiets

I for one did....probably would have got it from multiple choice - should have tried that!

giro-d-italia-2017-stage-11-profile.jpg

Great Memories!!!!. I watched it in Balze as they came through...In full Dimension Data kit....Not much use for that these days...

just imagine what the dignatories/sponsors are doing. probably having massive parties because the sponsored nederburg surely ain't get used for rider celebrations

Carapaz is def the new best prospect for the future. With Landa moving to Merida, Movistar should fall over their feet to give him a substantial contract

It was mentioned a few pages back that there is a rumor Ineos had already signed him from next year some time ago.

With Quintana out of contract as well they have some decisions to go with. Heard that Fortunaeo -Samsic were looking to sign Carpaz and NQ together. 

I'm still scratching my head about Trek wanting to sign Nibs. He comes with a lot of baggage n' people and if he doesn't take the top step here I think his days of winning GTs are over. He feels like he's in that last 2 years of Contador stage at Trek where it was alot of bluster. I know it's crazy to say this as he's 2nd on GC and will podium at the Giro. Then again Trek didn't pull off a coup getting Ritchie Porte either.  

First break sticks today after a lot of attempts. Gibbons was interviewed about his chances on TV and looked slightly convinced and there is a TDD rider in the first 5 of the peloton for once. 

Break is: 

- Denz 

- Cima

- Maestri

and the peloton seem to want to freewheel the whole way down today after an opening average speed of 50kmh hour  

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Lets hope 

First break sticks today after a lot of attempts. Gibbons was interviewed about his chances on TV and looked slightly convinced and there is a TDD rider in the first 5 of the peloton for once. 

Break is: 

- Denz 

- Cima

- Maestri

and the peloton seem to want to freewheel the whole way down today after an opening average speed of 50kmh hour  

Hope Gibo can pull something off. He deserves some free rain now that Nizolo is gone. 

Who are the guys in white black and green with the hand shape on their back and BMC om their sleeves? Did they get a wild card or something?

I did have a little moment of patriotism when they showed Ryan Gibbons' pic and mini profile!

Yoh... what a finish! Proper nail biting stuff... happy one of the escapees managed to get the win.

Nice to see a Saffa flag finish in the top 10. Good effort by Gibbo.