Cyclocross

nathrix

I give the organisers 10 out of 10 for creating an exciting route(not that the usual routes are boring) but images of them riding in the waves and a 21% gradient bridge will be making wallpapers for a long time. Super exciting race. I wanted WvA to win but still a great race.

On a side note, not sure if it was just the cold but MvDP and WvA both looked seriously cross on the podium. At least TA looked happy. MAybe it was just the life long rivalry and they both just can't stand being together on the podium or what but it looked really odd.

I also loved that fan zone with cardboard cutouts,

Ho hum, 4th title maybe? He's achieved a lot for a laaitie. Both great athletes.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The live announcer and simulated crowd noise were also cool!

At some stages I heard what sounded like brakes squealing, I wasn't sure if it was real or not but I suppose usually with fans making a noise we won't hear that kind of stuff.

Wout was not happy about his race

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wout-van-aert-disappointed-to-have-lost-heart-at-cyclo-cross-worlds/

Maybe its lack of sleep ... but that contract he recently got should keep him cheerful.

Although peanuts cf to footballers ie 550 mil Euros for Messi

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-legends-a-full-breakdown-of-lionel-messis-leaked-barcelona-contract-20210131

Good race.

But just like in MTB, if MVDP creates a gap, you're not going to close it. Klaar.

I cannot wait until he gets on a MTB again, saw far too little of him in that discipline. 

Good race.

But just like in MTB, if MVDP creates a gap, you're not going to close it. Klaar.

I cannot wait until he gets on a MTB again, saw far too little of him in that discipline. 

Wout was not happy about his race

Maybe its lack of sleep ... but that contract he recently got should keep him cheerful.

Although peanuts cf to footballers ie 550 mil Euros for Messi

Reading the article, its exactly as I suspected, Wout blew it by trying to close the gap to fast after the puncture.

Good race.

Yes, not sure what the plan is this year, although his target last year was Olympics mtb,  TdF and Olympics might be mutually exclusive this year, although might be possible to do TdF and mtb but not Tdf and road race. Road is perhaps too hilly for him this year but certainly one to watch if let loose in the mtb race.

btw In the ladies elite there was a few mtb'ers who did quite well: Anne Tauber (15) and Elisabeth Brandau (9)  Eva Lechner (11)

At some stages I heard what sounded like brakes squealing, I wasn't sure if it was real or not but I suppose usually with fans making a noise we won't hear that kind of stuff.

Yes lots of wet disks I think

I was cringing at the sight of them riding in the salt water, as spectacular as it was.

Ha ha so was I ..I just thought.. right those bikes are now bin jobs..

Yes, not sure what the plan is this year, although his target last year was Olympics mtb,  TdF and Olympics might be mutually exclusive this year, although might be possible to do TdF and mtb but not Tdf and road race. Road is perhaps too hilly for him this year but certainly one to watch if let loose in the mtb race.

btw In the ladies elite there was a few mtb'ers who did quite well: Anne Tauber (15) and Elisabeth Brandau (9)  Eva Lechner (11)

Good race.

I don't think we're going to see Tokyo 2021.

Olympics is too big a circus to put on without taking shortcuts.

I was cringing at the sight of them riding in the salt water, as spectacular as it was.

matthieu-van-der-poel-canyon-inflite-wor

Some of these shots, along with Allaphilippe on the crest last year, will be around for a while.