The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I depend on autocorrect to spell the stuff right. Anyway I understand sort of what'Friday'means

I am not trying to be a chop here .... assuming you are still at school ... I trust your exams went well!

Can someone explain to me how this 'fryday' think works. Or what does it mean when a hubber say it's not yet fryday.

its basically the last day of the working week. The 5th day, if you will. It usually comes directly after Thursday.

When a hubber says its not yet Friday (or fryday) they usually (but not always) mean its thursday. or Wednesday. or even Tuesday. Often Monday. but they hardly ever say this on a Saturday or a Sunday, oddly enough, although it would work there too.

I hope i have in some way added to your ongoing education.

Fryday's is a Mass Fried Foods kind of gig 

225141-abaf413c-26bd-4f06-bcab-27d962a7f

They sell lots of food at very good money, so do exceptionally well.

ece9076f91f9672131a62f0dff7c3476.jpg?fit

Seeing as their menu is non-vegan  I will not bore you with the details.

Should you feel the need for junk food though, may I recommend you pop in at Lekker Vegan in Harrington Str, CT

http://lekkervegan.co.za/

a lekker Gatsby is something you just cant get here....how I miss it... that an bunny chow.

its basically the last day of the working week. The 5th day, if you will. It usually comes directly after Thursday.

When a hubber says its not yet Friday (or fryday) they usually (but not always) mean its thursday. or Wednesday. or even Tuesday. Often Monday. but they hardly ever say this on a Saturday or a Sunday, oddly enough, although it would work there too.

I hope i have in some way added to your ongoing education.

Best post I have read in a long time. Coffee all over the keyboard level quality hahaha

Best post I have read in a long time. Coffee all over the keyboard level quality hahaha

hope you had almond milk in your coffee or were drinking it black

hope you had almond milk in your coffee or were drinking it black

There wasn't actual coffee involved, it was just of that quality. If there had been coffee involved it would have been fair trade organic beans, and the coffe made by the vegan hipster, served with only the best (ethically sourced) almond milk of course.

https://www.livekindly.co/europe-meat-consumption-dropped-20/?fbclid=IwAR212jglHCqD3FoLrUqu2yWTIU4jz4qqeqhpN_8hZ-wGE1x0jS24LqGENdQ

Probably not the most reliable source but accurate I reckon. Most food chains and restaurants have added vegan/vegetarian options. I'm seeing a growing trend this side of the equator.

It makes sense though right? The number one killer in 1st world countries is Cardiovascular disease and diabetes. And the only scientifically proven cure for those issues is a whole food, plant based diet. So my take is that, this message is getting out there and people are willing to give it a try. It's super encouraging.

Can you imagine how much load gets taken off of your health care system if people just change their diet. Individuals win - Countries win - Animals win. Win - Win - Win. What's not to like.

It makes sense though right? The number one killer in 1st world countries is Cardiovascular disease and diabetes. And the only scientifically proven cure for those issues is a whole food, plant based diet. So my take is that, this message is getting out there and people are willing to give it a try. It's super encouraging.

Can you imagine how much load gets taken off of your health care system if people just change their diet. Individuals win - Countries win - Animals win. Win - Win - Win. What's not to like.

Well put!

One Bells on the way to you...

Reduce the effects*

I would really like to see someone regrow their pancreas be eating plant based foods

https://www.livekindly.co/europe-meat-consumption-dropped-20/?fbclid=IwAR212jglHCqD3FoLrUqu2yWTIU4jz4qqeqhpN_8hZ-wGE1x0jS24LqGENdQ

Probably not the most reliable source but accurate I reckon. Most food chains and restaurants have added vegan/vegetarian options. I'm seeing a growing trend this side of the equator.

Years back when I was still living in England, the vegetarian food offering was far superior to SA at that time. However SA does appear to be so very  much better now and with a much wider variety but I can't honestly say I am vegetarian anymore so not actively searched but just what I have seen in restaurants and shops.  

Good grief I can do with 700000 Bells right now. Can I also have some please?

I didn't specify the size of that 1 Bells :-)

/hands Pieter the bottle....

Years back when I was still living in England, the vegetarian food offering was far superior to SA at that time. However SA does appear to be so very  much better now and with a much wider variety but I can't honestly say I am vegetarian anymore so not actively searched but just what I have seen in restaurants and shops.  

It will be interesting to see how SA food offerings have changed in the 13 months I've been away.

Just realised that is the longest stretch I've ever been out of SA without a visit!