The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Ive talked to guys who does competitive weight lifting. The guy said that if your old and have knee problems then you should just squat 90 degrees. (that's parallel). If you want to work out more muscles drop below 90 degrees (break parallel), then you start to activate the large musculature on the backside of your body – your hamstrings and glutes.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tofu or notufo.

How much tofu must a man eat to bulk up 7kgs?

Too much squatting will have a negative effect.

Btw you are squatting too low. Do not go any further than horizontal upper legs.

I only squat ones a week. A coach on the hub told me to incorpate one good gym session per week. A lot of pro cyclists squat twice a week in their off season. I don't know how it can have a negative effect.

Parallel is not 90*

Ask your weight lifting buddies to have a look at your squats.

Do half the squats twice a week.

Straining like you do is not a good idea.

As you improve increase the squat count.

Parallel means your thighs are parallel to the floor (90°). That's how I understand it. It does make logical sense????‍♂️.

Parallel means your thighs are parallel to the floor (90°). That's how I understand it. It does make logical sense‍♂.

When your upper legs are parallel to the ground then the angle between your upper and lower leg is less than 90*

I'm now 100% sure that math did not exist back in your day. I just can't.

90° = perpindicular - let's just get that out of the way.

Parrallel does not = 90° degrees to something, it's when two lines run in the same direction as one another, like two train tracks.

When you upper leg is parrallel to the ground your lower legs are not perpindicular to the ground - they are at an angle, making the angle between your upper legs and your lower legs less than 90°. As you move your bum down to the geound in a squat your knees pivot forward, and your lower legs do not stay at 90° to the ground as I assume you think from your previous post.

But all of this is symantics, deep squats have their place as long as they are done right.

Oh and just as an aside, go and look up the standards of math in his day vs your day. I think you'll find what they teach at school now can hardly be called maths.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

90° = perpindicular - let's just get that out of the way.

Parrallel does not = 90° degrees to something, it's when two lines run in the same direction as one another, like two train tracks.

When you upper leg is parrallel to the ground your lower legs are not perpindicular to the ground - they are at an angle, making the angle between your upper legs and your lower legs less than 90°. As you move your bum down to the geound in a squat your knees pivot forward, and your lower legs do not stay at 90° to the ground as I assume you think from your previous post.

But all of this is symantics, deep squats have their place as long as they are done right.

Oh and just as an aside, go and look up the standards of math in his day vs your day. I think you'll find what they teach at school now can hardly be called maths.

Dis

I cant wait for Odi to jump out of a box and admitting that he created Josh to troll us. There cant be any other explanation for this mess.

*insert gif of absurd laughter*

Every article I could find on Google was written by old people saying that math is harder today. Highschool as a whole is harder today as in the past depending which subjects you take ovcourse.... I think you might be confused as you get 'math lit' and comparing it to math core.

Hell I can even get a written letter from every Math teacher in my school saying that mathematics is harder today than in the past..