The Veganism Thread

Odinson

I dont have to ask Odison if I undertand his comparison. ????

People have done wrong things in the past which they thought was right, just like apartheid and slavery but have in later years learned that it was wrong.

The world is doing something wrong and will only learn in later years that it was a mistake to treat animals like they do as well as the environment

YoU CanT Say ThAt, WhaT AbouT tHe frEeRange AniMAls AnD AniMals tHat arE HuNTEd. ThEy Had A GoOd liFe.

The fact still stands that we cant treat animals humanly if we eat 77 billion land animals per year and 1.5 trillion fish.

Then meat would simply be too expensive. The industry wouldn't be making money.

If you understand his comparison, and there is little surprise that you do ;) ;) nudge nudge, then there is no real need to ask... unless you weren’t asking.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so if i say im not a racist then its not ok me to be a little bit racist. You're either a racist or you're not a racist. You cant be a little bit racist and still say you're not racist.

So if you say you're against animal abuse and you dont like the way people are treating cow's in the dairy industry but you still drink milk then you're not against animal abuse. That only makes you a hipocrite.

So you cant be against animal abuse but still support the idustry.

On another note, people in china eat dogs, they will even farm with dogs in some instances. Every single one of my friends will tell me its wrong because they are domesticated and social animals and by that reasoning its wrong.

I dont think the dog gives a crap if it is domesticated or not.

So if you eat meat dont be a hipocrite, go have fun and eat dog, cat, monkey, zebra, horse, crocodile etc.

What if I’m completely against animal cruelty and the abuse of milk cows but I only drink milk that comes from my cow that is 100% free range (not Woolworths free range) and grain fed etc.

What does that make me other than spoiled?

What if I’m completely against animal cruelty and the abuse of milk cows but I only drink milk that comes from my cow that is 100% free range (not Woolworths free range) and grain fed etc.

What does that make me other than spoiled?

This is the number 1 argument everyone uses. I dont believe that you have a cow thats 100% freerange and that you would only drink from that cow.

Ok but lets say you do have a cow that's free range, like most people who live in vereeniging.

I see nothing wrong with that. A simple solution is maybe to know where your products are coming from. I know multiple small scale farmers. My aunt would normally buy her eggs from the farmer. It might not be convenient but atleast you know that you're not paying for animal abuse.

Yet this will never happen.

Dont feel that im having a go at you guys. The forums name is still the veganism thread.

Do you guys partially agree what I had to say?

This is the number 1 argument everyone uses. I dont believe that you have a cow thats 100% freerange and that you would only drink from that cow.

Ok but lets say you do have a cow that's free range, like most people who live in vereeniging.

I see nothing wrong with that. A simple solution is maybe to know where your products are coming from. I know multiple small scale farmers. My aunt would normally buy her eggs from the farmer. It might not be convenient but atleast you know that you're not paying for animal abuse.

Dont feel that im having a go at you guys. The forums name is still the veganism thread.

Perhaps I need to tell you about Pekkles Edited by Patchelicious

Abuse is quite literally the abnormal use of something or using something not for which it was intended.

Does not matter how "happy" the cow or chicken is, if a human is using its milk or eggs its a form of abuse.

Sure, its objectively "less" of an abuse then factory farming, but it still is abuse.

Genuine question on my part, but how do you keep a cow lactating if you are not forcing her to fall pregnant every few years? 

Abuse is quite literally the abnormal use of something or using something not for which it was intended.

Does not matter how "happy" the cow or chicken is, if a human is using its milk or eggs its a form of abuse.

Sure, its objectively "less" of an abuse then factory farming, but it still is abuse.

Genuine question on my part, but how do you keep a cow lactating if you are not forcing her to fall pregnant every few years? 

cows were bred to be milked. so we are using them for what they are intended. if it were not for the farms those cows would not have even been born.

cows were bred to be milked. so we are using them for what they are intended. if it were not for the farms those cows would not have even been born.

respectfully, your first two sentences are a contradiction.

If they were bred for a purpose, then we are using them for our purpose. Not what they were intended.

respectfully, your first two sentences are a contradiction.

If they were bred for a purpose, then we are using them for our purpose. Not what they were intended.

apologies - i was actually meant to use a different font. i was just trying to be a dwis and use the kind of reasoning that seems to be prevalent all over he hub at the moment...

apologies - i was actually meant to use a different font. i was just trying to be a dwis and use the kind of reasoning that seems to be prevalent all over he hub at the moment...

lol. I am on Tapatalk so ironically would have not seen it. Thank you for clarifying.

lol. I am on Tapatalk so ironically would have not seen it. Thank you for clarifying.

Dammit forkie! You must use the correct font when making a joke! It is well documented that, “loss of sense of humour” seems to be a side effect of veganism. The comic sans font is the is the much needed B12 supplement of this thread.

Cows ARE bred to be milked....without cows calfing then there is no milk....check out what happens to unwanted calves in the dairy business....

Ok fine. **** it. I’m going to start milking almonds.

I’m 99% vegan already. Just milk and cheese left to drop

Its actually Pekkles and Daisy.

pekkles?

No the deleted part was exactly the part that I was removing to try and clarify my question, which is the moral tipping point one. This is not about people actually doing it, its about the moral tipping point. I could also make a ludicrous assertion and say "what are you getting at Odi, that 7 Billion people stop eating meat" That is just as unattainable, but again not my question.

Let me try and clarify. Based on previous statements, eggs are not sentient, I lovingly care for and feed my chicken, which I saved from a slaughter house, she lives a great life doing what she wants and I will not slaughter her for meat. What is the moral objection to me eating a few of Pekkles eggs?

So its not life, but rather consciousness that is the tipping point of your personal decision? I ask this as you cited The Cambridge Declaration on Consciousness.

​So what about eggs and diary, those foods are not conscious and animals are not killed for it. I know about the mistreatment of animals at some of these farms, but the core of my questions is around the killing of conscious animals statement.

Eg: If I have a small holding with a few hens that are free to do what I want, why is not ok to eat one or two their eggs every now and again? I might also have a cow that is my pet, Ill name her Daisy, and she roams around the meadows having a great time, and she give me 500ml of milk a day when she comes and has some of the food that I lovingly give her daily. Neither the mild nor the egg has a conscious and the animals and I have a symbiotic relationship. 

Edited by Patchelicious

Guys ive found myself a vegan girl 'friend'

I was at a party and I saw 2 of her friends there. I asked them what their thoughts was on their friend being vegan. Both of them said that she can be irritating and that its all she talks about and that she must be delusional to think eating animals is wrong.

Anyway, someone is going to loose 2 friends but later that night we smoked some weed and I touched both their boobs.