The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the devil bananas were tossed out last night[emoji533]

Broccoli, Brussels, mushrooms and pine nuts stir friedfor dinner tonight.... much better [emoji39]

Lol

Do you have much pain?

Edited by Gen

All the devil bananas were tossed out last night

Broccoli, Brussels, mushrooms and pine nuts stir friedfor dinner tonight.... much better

Getting enough protein, Bruhh?  :huh:

On a principal level it actually is to people who try to understand some of the deeper issues.

As long as there’s no exploitation of an animal (incl. humans), then I don’t see why not.

Sausage rolls aren't exactly founts of health, so the comparison is a bit misleading. Just 2 junk foods compared with each other. Of course it's gonna be high in calories.

Plus, strictly speaking Veganism has nothing to do with personal health. It has to do with ethics.

you get fat vegans.

Like any food, too many calories and not enough movement equals fat.

????

Sausage rolls aren't exactly founts of health, so the comparison is a bit misleading. Just 2 junk foods compared with each other. Of course it's gonna be high in calories.

I get the ethics. I get the impact on the planet. But why, oh, why do the vegetablists keep calling things 'sausage rolls' or 'veggie patties' to remind them of the meat they so desperately want to forget? Call it a 'swamp danish' or a 'battered schmush tart' and differentiate yourselves from the peasants, guys!

(And yes, my 'meaty licker gland' is firmly in my cheek)

I get the ethics. I get the impact on the planet. But why, oh, why do the vegetablists keep calling things 'sausage rolls' or 'veggie patties' to remind them of the meat they so desperately want to forget? Call it a 'swamp danish' or a 'battered schmush tart' and differentiate yourselves from the peasants, guys!

(And yes, my 'meaty licker gland' is firmly in my cheek)

Wellll, to be strictly on point, a sausage is simply a collection of foodstuffs in a casing, and a patty is what goes on a burger. The names don't imply the type of foodstuffs in said sausage or patty...

Wellll, to be strictly on point, a sausage is simply a collection of foodstuffs in a casing, and a patty is what goes on a burger. The names don't imply the type of foodstuffs in said sausage or patty...

I think the 'ham' in the 'hamburger' is probably more etymologically invariant, but never mind. Likewise with sausage... If there is no offal involved you may as well call it a vegwinkle

All the devil bananas were tossed out last night????

Broccoli, Brussels, mushrooms and pine nuts stir friedfor dinner tonight.... much better ????

Why on earth would anyone punish themselves like this.