For the aviation fans

Lotus

............................ Good luck finding crew and pax keen to fly on the max for the first year.

If the price is good, I'll gladly fly on a Max once returned to service.

I won't let my daughters do so though.....

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, that sounds relatively straightforward. I guess tyres get turned regularly to avoid "flat spots"?

The video has some interesting comments on Boeing's plans to monitor social media.

They supposed to. When we "mothball" aircraft we still have to do a weekly check each week and that involves towing it around to get things moving.

If the price is good, I'll gladly fly on a Max once returned to service.

I won't let my daughters do so though.....

Spoken like an adventurous man with good life cover and a life lived well. ;)

I guess they will have been parked-up and stored sensibly, so hopefully not too much trouble getting them back on line.

I'm sure I read somewhere that fuel doesn't stay as fuel if it sits too long, so drain, flush and refill needed too . . . 

I think they go around periodically and do start ups etc which must be expensive.

One of the sexier looking airliners being built

Listen to the engines at end

Plenty cool that :thumbup:

One of my favorite places is the Boeing factory in Everett, north of Seattle. The tour is absolutely amazing and the scale is off the charts. The single assembly hall is 1km long and 500m wide, all under a single roof!

Highly recommended if you are ever in the area. Also Boeing field, where they do refurbs and upgrades AND has a really mind blowing museum.

One of the sexier looking airliners being built

Listen to the engines at end

Awesome video.  Although I think that both the 787 and the A350 are remarkable aircraft they in my opinion are not the pretiest of aircraft.  Just like the A380 is just an absolutely incredible aircraft I think they ran out of creativity when the put the nose together of the aircraft. That is why the 747 still remains my favourate.

I like to caption this image ... "Beauty and the beast"

post-71-0-91915200-1583225767_thumb.jpg

what did I see ?

My folks stay pretty close to Rand Airport, the result being many small aircraft flying directly overhead. i can pick out the sound of a harvard from miles away as they used to fly over the house to many times a day to count.

Anyway on sunday we're sitting outside an I hear this loud prop plane, when it eventually comes over I see its pretty strange looking, small wings in front, large wings at the back and it looked like the engine was in the middle at the back.

never seen anything like it.

What was it ?

what did I see ?

My folks stay pretty close to Rand Airport, the result being many small aircraft flying directly overhead. i can pick out the sound of a harvard from miles away as they used to fly over the house to many times a day to count.

Anyway on sunday we're sitting outside an I hear this loud prop plane, when it eventually comes over I see its pretty strange looking, small wings in front, large wings at the back and it looked like the engine was in the middle at the back.

never seen anything like it.

What was it ?

What colour was it? White with some blue stripes? ZU-FFR possibly?

Cape Town airport might become a parking lot for some A340-300s in the next few days :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:.

You should get them to fly a couple of thousand bicycles to Cape Town for free! :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

You should get them to fly a couple of thousand bicycles to Cape Town for free! :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Are you nuts!!!  They will load the plane full, fly them down and pawn them at Muizenburg to help scrape in some much needed funds.  I would not trust SAA with my bike at the moment  :ph34r: