For the aviation fans

Lotus

When i left work last night, there was 3/4 airlinks parked by a hanger in general aviation area.

Our traffic volume is already down by 35%. We working combined sectors since its so quite, joburg as well

Any aircraft parked down there in CT as well?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll check tonight when I'm back at work.

We working skeleton crews on shifts, so after night shift I'm only back again next tuesday and wednesday.

I wonder if he knew any of the guys in this story?

When I was in the Navy, 1992-2000, I got to know Maj John Balladon, one of the pilots, and also sailed regattas with one of the WO engineers who was on Pelican 16.

Fantastic guys, both deeply saddened by the loss of that beautiful plane, and extremely grateful for the skill of the pilot who landed her.

I saw a Dreamliner floating in to FAJS this late morning, looked like Virgin.

Returing SA's and picking up UK's?

Most of Airlink's E190's are parked at Signature according to one of the pilots.

I'll try take some pics on Friday when I go in to the GA

Going to be helping out with some Maritime EMS standby

Eerie having the airport so quiet, not an APU to be heard.

Mango, BA and Safair have a couple 737's parked on the apron at CT and Airlink has 2 E190's and 3 E145's parked at Stellenhof. No large parking areas like ORT.

Eerie having the airport so quiet, not an APU to be heard.

Mango, BA and Safair have a couple 737's parked on the apron at CT and Airlink has 2 E190's and 3 E145's parked at Stellenhof. No large parking areas like ORT.

Extraordinary times...

post-36036-0-98220300-1585312510_thumb.jpeg

wow!

Thank goodness now is not the season for one of those "hailstones the size of oranges" storms that the East Rand has so many of.

Middelburg/Witbank just had one of those storms...

Middelburg/Witbank just had one of those storms...

Shame man. I remember the damage after several in a row hit Edenvale and the East Rand. 

As a kid I used to live in Kriel and go to school in Witbank. Don't remember ever seeing a crazy hail storm back in those days. But it also rarely rained at all during winter then and yet that has now changed. Everything is changing man :-(