For the aviation fans

Lotus

funnily enough,the stock price is rising in the first 5 minutes of trading. :blink:

rose for the first 10 minutes (residual overnight trading that still needed to clear?), but is now behaving itself according to status quo. Much like one their downed planes actually

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump buying stock?

^_^

reading the various investment institution investment notes, the overall impact is deemed short term with a share price outlook about 66% higher than current. They believe the cost of repairs to existing planes and any restitution resulting from any civil claims won't dent the bottom line significantly.

In other words, long term investors are still very bullish about the company and the MAX 8 and 9 product lines, despite the current issues.

^_^

reading the various investment institution investment notes, the overall impact is deemed short term with a share price outlook about 66% higher than current. They believe the cost of repairs to existing planes and any restitution resulting from any civil claims won't dent the bottom line significantly.

In other words, long term investors are still very bullish about the company and the MAX 8 and 9 product lines, despite the current issues.

I think Boeings defence side has won quite a few contracts lately (T-X, MH-139 helicopter, MQ-25 Navy drone and re-start of the F-15 production line for the F-15X), that might also explain the perception of value. 

More results from my hard drive exploration. Still at Reno 2007. The RR Griffon engined P51 with the contra-rotating props is probably a good example of "just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should." It's all just engine - and the conversion seemed pretty prone to mechanical issues as it barely flew. The close-up of the highly polished spinner is a favourite of mine - just shows how much care and attention the owners and teams put into displaying their prides and joys.

post-4257-0-21335800-1552598921_thumb.jpg

post-4257-0-29359700-1552598934_thumb.jpg

post-4257-0-74461600-1552598951_thumb.jpg

post-4257-0-95675600-1552598974_thumb.jpg

post-4257-0-58812600-1552598988_thumb.jpg

post-4257-0-02664200-1552599008_thumb.jpg

post-4257-0-07148300-1552599021_thumb.jpg

post-4257-0-95517400-1552599033_thumb.jpg

What I glean from Avcom is that the MAX was marketed as not needing an extensive retraining exercise for present 7373 pilots, making it an attractive purchase.  But the glitch may not be just software as new engines required a change in the aircraft layout which may make it less stable in these "runaway trim" / conflicting computer input type situations.Bring back the pilot :devil:

Pure software was the Quantas Airbus 330 in 1996 or so, sending the 'plane into steep dives, barely controllable.  Good outcome though. Do Quantas boast they've never lost a passenger?

What I glean from Avcom is that the MAX was marketed as not needing an extensive retraining exercise for present 7373 pilots, making it an attractive purchase.  But the glitch may not be just software as new engines required a change in the aircraft layout which may make it less stable in these "runaway trim" / conflicting computer input type situations.Bring back the pilot :devil:

Pure software was the Quantas Airbus 330 in 1996 or so, sending the 'plane into steep dives, barely controllable.  Good outcome though. Do Quantas boast they've never lost a passenger?

Correct. The have never had a hull loss so are considered the safest airline in the world. They had an incident a few years back where they made a plan to fix and ferry(fly with no pax on board) the aircraft back to oz. They then retired the aircraft there. In the link above, read at the bottom under damage.

More results from my hard drive exploration. Still at Reno 2007. The RR Griffon engined P51 with the contra-rotating props is probably a good example of "just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should." It's all just engine - and the conversion seemed pretty prone to mechanical issues as it barely flew. The close-up of the highly polished spinner is a favourite of mine - just shows how much care and attention the owners and teams put into displaying their prides and joys.

Cool pics

Like that Sabres tail number

Wonder who 012 is....

Correct. The have never had a hull loss so are considered the safest airline in the world. They had an incident a few years back where they made a plan to fix and ferry(fly with no pax on board) the aircraft back to oz. They then retired the aircraft there. In the link above, read at the bottom under damage.

$100 MILLION! :eek: would love to hear the actuary explain a non-fatal hull-loss would affect reputation or insurance costs to the tune of more than $100 million...

hmm.. insurance costs...<_<

$100 MILLION! :eek: would love to hear the actuary explain a non-fatal hull-loss would affect reputation or insurance costs to the tune of more than $100 million...

hmm.. insurance costs... <_<

and what makes it even more insane was they retired the aircraft as soon as it got back to home base. So it's not like they got more revenue from the aircraft.

Unhormonic resonace between software and human interface

Hormones might well have had something to do with this disaster