Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

Oooooookey, I am in as well. This year has to be done right! Battled my "dinges" off in December at the coast, and now my mindset is back as it is supposed to be.

I have this sh@tty 10-12kg to lose, and my son and I want to do a Duathlon this year as well. !5km running for him, and me 40km cycling. Want to do it with the MTB!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooookey, I am in as well. This year has to be done right! Battled my "dinges" off in December at the coast, and now my mindset is back as it is supposed to be.

I have this sh@tty 10-12kg to lose, and my son and I want to do a Duathlon this year as well. !5km running for him, and me 40km cycling. Want to do it with the MTB!

A 10-12kg loss is achievable. Apparently weight loss is 70 to 80% diet, so most of it boils down to what you're eating and drinking.

There's okes who do 100+ km road events on a MTB, and I find an MTB more comfortable to ride than a road bike.

I'm back in. Didn't really leave, actually. Will update the spreadsheet with my NYD weight of 99.5kg. 

Mini goals:

95kg by March 31st

90kg by June 30th

Will then reassess and see what's potting. May go down to 85 if I'm still not 100% satisfied, but those last 5kg (if I go down to 85) will be difficult. 

For now: 9.5kg in 6 months to add to the 12kg over 3 years.

edit edit: now 13kg over 2 years, not 3 as originally thought. 

98 this am. 

I'm struggling to get going this year! My in-laws came to visit us straight after the holidays..and they're staying until this weekend. They are eating snacks and biscuits and sweets all the time..wanting to braai or eat out most of the time. I've been training hard, but it's really difficult to keep on my eating plan with them still here, but I'm trying my best! Down to 95kg from 97.5kg (From 125.1kg in June 2017), but I really feel I could've been down a bit more already. First mini target of 90kg is only 7 weeks away..

I'm struggling to get going this year! My in-laws came to visit us straight after the holidays..and they're staying until this weekend. They are eating snacks and biscuits and sweets all the time..wanting to braai or eat out most of the time. I've been training hard, but it's really difficult to keep on my eating plan with them still here, but I'm trying my best! Down to 95kg from 97.5kg (From 125.1kg in June 2017), but I really feel I could've been down a bit more already. First mini target of 90kg is only 7 weeks away..

I find braais to be pretty easy to stick to "good" food, until the garlic bread and tjippies come out. Then I have to work REALLY hard to stick to plan, but with a good salad and some meat, it's all achievable. 

But, I feel your pain. Back when I was still married the inlaws would come around and there'd all of a sudden be a plethora of shaite food options.  

You can’t change the past two weeks. Maybe not as strong as you hoped, but you still made solid progress. Forgive yourself and move on to the next two weeks. 1 kg a week is pretty solid anyway. Well done

edit edit: now 13kg over 2 years, not 3 as originally thought. 

98 this am. 

and to think you changed your name just a short while ago... We're going to have to take a poll on your new name Myles... Keep the numbers dropping, and who knows? 

still at 2kg loss for the year. Could have done better for sure, but the mind just isnt playing along.

Been eating lotsa junk at night, and thats messing me up.

and to think you changed your name just a short while ago... We're going to have to take a poll on your new name Myles... Keep the numbers dropping, and who knows? 

LOL. Yeah, but I didn't meet my goal and therefore the change was warranted. 

I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided to settle on 85kg, which was more or less my weight at my fittest. More or less like in this pic... Know it's not a great one, but much better than the current (and where I've come from, seen below. I shudder at this memory... )

post-3056-0-03208000-1547640449.png

post-3056-0-57154800-1547640571_thumb.jpg

I find braais to be pretty easy to stick to "good" food, until the garlic bread and tjippies come out. Then I have to work REALLY hard to stick to plan, but with a good salad and some meat, it's all achievable. 

But, I feel your pain. Back when I was still married the inlaws would come around and there'd all of a sudden be a plethora of shaite food options.  

The trick to braai's is eat your healthy snacks just BEFORE you go or light the fire. Then saying no to the munchies is much easier.

The trick to braai's is eat your healthy snacks just BEFORE you go or light the fire. Then saying no to the munchies is much easier.

I struggle with braais. As soon as I light the fire, I feel lost without a beer in my hand. A couple of beers, and I klap the Biltong and chips. I love lamb chops, especially the fat, I love ribeye steak and I love wors rolls. As I braai three times a week normally, I have had to ensure we have no chips in the house and I have substituted beer with Coke Zero. I also have started braaing more venison and less beef/lamb, but it is a mental challenge every time I light that fire [emoji23]

LOL. Yeah, but I didn't meet my goal and therefore the change was warranted. 

I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided to settle on 85kg, which was more or less my weight at my fittest. More or less like in this pic... Know it's not a great one, but much better than the current (and where I've come from, seen below. I shudder at this memory... )

attachicon.gifMe.png

attachicon.gif17201255_10158270903740133_2515426626537612645_n.jpg

Take the watch , socks and pt short off , it will save a few grams....

I struggle with braais. As soon as I light the fire, I feel lost without a beer in my hand. A couple of beers, and I klap the Biltong and chips. I love lamb chops, especially the fat, I love ribeye steak and I love wors rolls. As I braai three times a week normally, I have had to ensure we have no chips in the house and I have substituted beer with Coke Zero. I also have started braaing more venison and less beef/lamb, but it is a mental challenge every time I light that fire [emoji23]

Have the same problem, luckily I am on the banting wagon, so chops is okay. Struggle with beer, wors rolls and n braaibrooitjies. Changed the brannas to Coke Zero in stead of Coke. So far so good with just over 2kg loss for Jan.

I have also drop 1 kg from the start from 106.6kg to this morning 105.6kg. Was down to 104.9kg but then the weekend happened. Try to limit my daily intake , started with Trainer Road again, but really the entry level program. I am also doing some free weights to strengthen my operated shoulder....(part of my 2018 hospital visits). Stay strong people !!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :clap:  :clap: