Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

I'm also in again this year.

Last year was a bit of a let down, weight wise for me. Started off on 99kg, and ended off on 88kg. My goal was to get back to 80kg, but with an inconsistent diet plan and exercise regime, I have only myself to blame for that.

So this year, my weight loss goal will again be to get back down to 80kg.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me a year to go from 83kg to 64kg. Maintained 64 to 65kg for the whole of 2018.

Goal is to do the same for 2019. Maintaining is not as difficult as losing in my view but it still takes plenty discipline!!

Good luck all....

Myles our starting weights are the same give or take 400 gram. Our end goals are also similar if I remember correctly.

You probably have a 30 year age advantage on me but that is ok. LOL

Apart from measuring our performance against the other guys in the group lets measure ourselves against each other. We can challange and motivate each other and be accountable for our bad eating habits, crap out one another where necessary AND give compliments where we should.

What do you say?

Johan

Myles our starting weights are the same give or take 400 gram. Our end goals are also similar if I remember correctly.

You probably have a 30 year age advantage on me but that is ok. LOL

Apart from measuring our performance against the other guys in the group lets measure ourselves against each other. We can challange and motivate each other and be accountable for our bad eating habits, crap out one another where necessary AND give compliments where we should.

What do you say?

Johan

why the hell not!?

Let's do it.

I am also in. Had a terrible 2018 health wise. Hopefully all is sorted now and i can train properly again. Did start with Trainerroad and did the Ramp test yesterday. My FTP is way down. Doing the very entry level sweet spot base program......Goodluck everybody, attack from the gun!!!

dropping to 100 kg has made me feel comfortable...being cleared of all medical issues (blood tests)  is great...however not doing anything for the motivation to drop lower.

i did managed to get down to 96.1 kg near the end of 2018...but as i went back into a 6 days of training ...so the urge to binge eat got the better of me and so i pilled on the weight.

i no longer drink fizzy drinks...not even zero anymore.

i had a week off from coffee...now only have 3 cups max a day...with either sweetener or 1 sugar.

completely off fast food...had a kfc rounder meal last year...made me feel ill within 2 hours of eating it.

gona try something new this year...create new habits.

for example...

get up every morning at 4 am even if i am not walking or cycling

drink a glass of water as i get out of bed

eat oats every morning for breakfast when i get up ...before i do anything

and so just start trying to create healthier habits...instead of going on a crash diets and dropping weight then just putting it back on again.

i havent set any goals with training or cycling this year...my only focus will be on creating healthy habits...i know i can ride 100 km without working up a sweat...i know i can get up at 4 am spend 1 hr on a cadence bike and smash out watts...what i cant seem to do is drop my weight anymore. 

good luck...we all know it is easier said than done.

what i cant seem to do is drop my weight anymore. 

good luck...we all know it is easier said than done.

That has to come down to what you eat and how much of it...

"you cant outtrain a bad diet" is really true, i'm sure you experienced it a few times when riding 250+km a week and not dropping a single gram.

get up every morning at 4 am even if i am not walking or cycling

drink a glass of water as i get out of bed

eat oats every morning for breakfast when i get up ...before i do anything

Instead of oats, rather have eggs with bacon or sausage, and maybe a piece of cheese.

The Carbs in the oats will make you hungry by 9am, and ready for a carb snack the fat and protein will keep the hunger off far longer.

Instead of oats, rather have eggs with bacon or sausage, and maybe a piece of cheese.

The Carbs in the oats will make you hungry by 9am, and ready for a carb snack the fat and protein will keep the hunger off far longer.

yeah. Or, don't eat breakfast at all. Intermittent fasting for the win. Helps control insulin levels, glucose etc and then eat between 3 & 7 or so. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you're used to it you have just as much energy as before. Especially if you've got spare fat reserves.... 

yeah. Or, don't eat breakfast at all. Intermittent fasting for the win. Helps control insulin levels, glucose etc and then eat between 3 & 7 or so. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you're used to it you have just as much energy as before. Especially if you've got spare fat reserves.... 

Plus One for This!

Best way to burn fat and I have a friend who fasts the entire day on a Monday and a Friday and then follows strict eating plan rest of the time. Results have been amazing.