Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of oats, rather have eggs with bacon or sausage, and maybe a piece of cheese.

The Carbs in the oats will make you hungry by 9am, and ready for a carb snack the fat and protein will keep the hunger off far longer.

You're actually telling people (with already high BMIs) to eat foods which are loaded in saturated fat, have a high caloric density, known to promote CVD and which are carcinogenic and to avoid a food which is actually protective against CVD and lowers LDL and total cholesterol?!

yeah. Or, don't eat breakfast at all. Intermittent fasting for the win. Helps control insulin levels, glucose etc and then eat between 3 & 7 or so. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you're used to it you have just as much energy as before. Especially if you've got spare fat reserves.... 

works for me too.

Been doing it this week, will see what the scale says on Monday morning.

You're actually telling people (with already high BMIs) to eat foods which are loaded in saturated fat, have a high caloric density, known to promote CVD and which are carcinogenic and to avoid a food which is actually protective against CVD and lowers LDL and total cholesterol?!

Actually the new evidence Point all CVD and Most other ailments Not at Fat but to Sugars and Carbs..

also Once again LDL, the Bad cholesterol, not really a thing.. sugar and carbs once again play a higher role 

oh and for causing cancer, um new evidence is showing sugar and carbs to be the culprit.

so bacon and eggs for me, please

Actually the new evidence Point all CVD and Most other ailments Not at Fat but to Sugars and Carbs..

also Once again LDL, the Bad cholesterol, not really a thing.. sugar and carbs once again play a higher role

oh and for causing cancer, um new evidence is showing sugar and carbs to be the culprit.

so bacon and eggs for me, please

Sources, please.

Eat what works for you! Everyone is different. I cut out sugar and eat eggs daily and lost 30kg. I skip the bacon though.

Every morning fasting ride for 1-2 hours, right after that I drink a Futurelife Smartfood Chocolate and a coffee with 2% milk without sugar. 10:00 tea with milk, without sugar and a fruit like an apple or orange, usually not banana. 13:00 one slice rooibos rye bread with 2 baked eggs not cooked in oil with a knife point of mayo. 15:00 tea without sugar. For dinner usually chicken breast and halve an avo.

I never feel hungry when I eat like this.

For dinner I vary my meals, but I try to get the calories and nutrition to be more or less the same as above.

I usually take in between 1500 and 1800 calories per day.

This week I started training in the mornings and evenings aswell. Bit of upper body strength training and jogging. Hopefully this will add to my cycling fitness and weight loss.

Eat what works for you! Everyone is different. I cut out sugar and eat eggs daily and lost 30kg. I skip the bacon though.

Every morning fasting ride for 1-2 hours, right after that I drink a Futurelife Smartfood Chocolate and a coffee with 2% milk without sugar. 10:00 tea with milk, without sugar and a fruit like an apple or orange, usually not banana. 13:00 one slice rooibos rye bread with 2 baked eggs not cooked in oil with a knife point of mayo. 15:00 tea without sugar. For dinner usually chicken breast and halve an avo.

I never feel hungry when I eat like this.

For dinner I vary my meals, but I try to get the calories and nutrition to be more or less the same as above.

I usually take in between 1500 and 1800 calories per day.

This week I started training in the mornings and evenings aswell. Bit of upper body strength training and jogging. Hopefully this will add to my cycling fitness and weight loss.

knife point of things very important, I love dollops of peanut butter. so bad for you!

this was helpful to me

What's always helped me with losing weight was cutting out sugar, beer, and carbs. I went back to having sugar in my coffee and a few beers over the weekends, which was one of the reasons why I didn't get to my goal weight in 2018.

Going to focus more on running as a weight loss exercise this year.

Going to focus more on running as a weight loss exercise this year.

Running makes the weight just fall off you. On a bike you don't feel the extra kg's as much as one does when running.

Always found it to be very effective if I want to drop weight quickly. Back when I actually ran consistently I could eat literally anything and the weight just kept dropping...

Running makes the weight just fall off you. On a bike you don't feel the extra kg's as much as one does when running.

Always found it to be very effective if I want to drop weight quickly. Back when I actually ran consistently I could eat literally anything and the weight just kept dropping...

Meh. I like the idea of it, but my knee (2 meniscus tears and multiple ligament damage) doesn't.

Meh. I like the idea of it, but my knee (2 meniscus tears and multiple ligament damage) doesn't.

Yup, same here, torn mesicus in both knees (2 surgeries on the right, one on the left so far), and slipped L5/S1 disc means running is no longer an option for me.