Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

Had a proper cheat weekend after Fridays weigh-in. Multiple braaibroodjies, beer and Burger King! Back on the straight and narrow now for the rest of February. Will have to up my training also this month. The Argus MTB Challenge is less than 4 weeks away..

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also had a terrible weekend, both eating and training.

Friday out for dinner - pasta

saturday family braai - too much bread.

sunday lunch out again - some pasta and pizza

And now business lunch meeting at 2 with an old mate... Its easier to just be fat :whistling: :whistling:

Had a proper cheat weekend after Fridays weigh-in. Multiple braaibroodjies, beer and Burger King! Back on the straight and narrow now for the rest of February. Will have to up my training also this month. The Argus MTB Challenge is less than 4 weeks away..

I see your cheat weekend and raise you mine :P

We had a product launch on Friday with Croissants and chocolate cake. I had sandwiches followed by some choc covered raisins and milk tart yesterday at friends and a big leftover piece this morning for breakfast. And there is Sago pudding waiting at home. I don't usually buy these kind of snacks for myself and it's difficult when visiting friends, especially when they want to be generous towards guests.

I think some intermittent fasting may be in order later this week.

Edited by Jacquers

Easiest way to deal with that type of temptation - don't bring it into the house. 

If I've got pastries or other sweet stuff in the house, it's going down my gullet ASAP. 

that is the problem...i dont bring them into the house...my 10 year old daughter bakes muffins for pocket money....she loves baking.

We have a sweets cupboard in the kitchen which use to be locked so that i couldnt get to them.

I need to learn to control my eating disorder...not expect everyone else to go without because i have a problem.

we are not fat because of 2 months of binge eating...getting fat is a long slow process which grows over time....normally triggered by something..be it giving up smoking(probably one of the most common causes)...a sport or what ever.

that is the problem...i dont bring them into the house...my 10 year old daughter bakes muffins for pocket money....she loves baking.

We have a sweets cupboard in the kitchen which use to be locked so that i couldnt get to them.

I need to learn to control my eating disorder...not expect everyone else to go without because i have a problem.

we are not fat because of 2 months of binge eating...getting fat is a long slow process which grows over time....normally triggered by something..be it giving up smoking(probably one of the most common causes)...a sport or what ever.

It's a difficult, no two ways about it. If I had an industrious little baker living under my roof, I'd be very tempted to stick my hand in the cookie jar every so often. 

My wife and I have come to the following agreement: Friday night we can have take out or we can go to the restaurant. On Saturday we'll bake something - we try to go for recipes that are based on wholewheat flour (real wholewheat, not just brown flour) and which requires little to no sugar/oils. That way can get our pastry fix. 

Rest of the week/end it's clean eating, no snacks from the shops, no fizzy drinks, etc. We also don't stock up on sweets/baked goods - the temptation is too great and my willpower questionable. 

My wife and I have come to the following agreement: Friday night we can have take out or we can go to the restaurant. On Saturday we'll bake something - we try to go for recipes that are based on wholewheat flour (real wholewheat, not just brown flour) and which requires little to no sugar/oils. That way can get our pastry fix. 

one of the down sides to trading the "old" wife in for a new young one...she still wanted kids ;)

my kids from the old wife have grand kids almost he same age as my daughter.

it gets interesting during holidays when i have to collect my daughter from holiday care ...where my grand kids also attend...when they scream....grandpa and my daughter shouts...dad ...i can see the reaction from the mothers collecting their kids.

and with that also comes a sweet cupboard...baking etc etc. ...something i need to fix...having kids hooked on sweets is not cool.

Haha! I think we can agree that yours is a special case though, Cois. 

How's it goin, by the way?

Want to loose weight quick:
Get your Doctor to tell you NOT to loose weight.

5 Jan to 4 Feb
1019aae21249a2f23182118fcdc0f00c.jpg

Dietician orders me not to loose weight...
09c1efafe95f27f8a3a8f8f28c078b22.jpg

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Haha! I think we can agree that yours is a special case though, Cois.

How's it goin, by the way?

That is true, and reason I am not taking part this year.

At the moment well. I can eat again. Had 5 days of constant nausea, so wolfing down to build reserves.

I am still not allowed to cycle though. Tore some of my stitches at work (while on sick leave) due to an old hag chucking a box full of devices at me.

But other than that, it is well. (Given today was a better day)

Always try to make tomorrow better than today. And damn, being able to eat again must feel good after that nausea. Good to hear that today was a good one. I know that they change, but hope that by the time you're out of it, the good outweighed the bad by a satisfactory margin. 

Keep strong, man. 

And - gain some weight!! :P

already a small cheat...stopped at a company yesterday...while i was waiting the lady offered me a cuppa ...with a slice of pizza...only as the slice of pizza arrived did i think WTF am i doing...i didnt want to waste it ;) ...otherwise i stuck to the food in cooler box and had my salad for dinner instead of supper...so not that bad for the first day....gona get this right....just need to focus. 

its time to enter the tour so that i have a goal to work towards. 

no cheating yesterday ...had breakfast ...ate from the cooler box and had dinner as per chart....and drank water as i am suppose to.

gut is getting soft...the first sign of weight loss.

jumped on the scale this morning...100.8 kg