Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

Wow, what an absolute blast I had the last 2 months.

Was a pain in the a$$ the fist couple of weeks but as the weight started vanishing and the fitness picked up I actually enjoyed going for a ride or a run.

Stats for the 2 months

Ride 1095.2km
Run 68.4km (only running as I need to get fit, going on a holiday and I will not be able to take my bike with, second best I guess would be to go for run.)

Weight down from 124.7kg to 113.5kg this morning.

Things I did that worked for me, had my last alcohol 15 Jan, a week later I could feel the results were getting "real". (however I miss my beer)

Started calorie counting all my meals, this basically bulsh!ts my brain into thinking my allotted food for the day is gone, so no more eating.

Will just stick with this for next couple of months to see where it leads, but I know from here on weight will drop slower, as there is no way of keeping up a loss of 5kgs a month.

One positive is that my blood pressure went down (a lot).

Edited by janfromnam

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am O+ so will look at that plan. Why does wheat appear in the Avoid column as well as the Lose Weight column?

In Japanese and Chinese culture even today, they try and pin personality types to blood group. What utter BS

Not the best month for me with the rain hampering my afternoon training and my son home again from Afghanistan for his holiday . My wife bakes a lot of cake and we eat out a bit more to spoil him . I only managed 700 km but dit do a lot of hills in the process which helped with my weekend rides being a bit more comfortable /easier when climbing our flat little hills we have on the East Rand . I can feel the difference 5 Kg (85.2 kg ) make when training on the road without my 3 kg camel pack when off road . I can now average 30 plus kph on afternoon rides . Here is my Strava screen shot of my Zig Zag route giving me 600m of ascent in 40km within 6 km of my home . 

post-111826-0-39473300-1551434153_thumb.png

post-111826-0-29396800-1551434188_thumb.jpg

Not the best month for me with the rain hampering my afternoon training and my son home again from Afghanistan for his holiday . My wife bakes a lot of cake and we eat out a bit more to spoil him . I only managed 700 km but dit do a lot of hills in the process which helped with my weekend rides being a bit more comfortable /easier when climbing our flat little hills we have on the East Rand . I can feel the difference 5 Kg (85.2 kg ) make when training on the road without my 3 kg camel pack when off road . I can now average 30 plus kph on afternoon rides . Here is my Strava screen shot of my Zig Zag route giving me 600m of ascent in 40km within 6 km of my home .

Ha - I dream of one day getting a 600k month. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down a couple of KG’s this month, which is great but still another 16 odd to go.

More interesting, my sleeping heart rate is down 10bpm, my waking heart rate is down 12 bpm and my clothes are getting nice and loose.

Cautiously pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta up those numbers V8!!!  :lol:

post-119556-0-19596000-1551446028_thumb.jpg

post-119556-0-19596000-1551446028.jpg

If only we had the hills and trails that you guys have down there . I would happily do those numbers . Our 80 or 100 km ride on a saturday at best gives us 500 to 600 m of climbing . 

Weight is up to 97.1 from last week. This is not good. Will have to focus again. Also only managed to train once last week. Eish

Participating in the work's challenge is definitely helping with the discipline. I don't think I'll win as some of the bigger guys have already lost a few kgs in less than a week, but hopefully I'm changing my eating habits for the better.

I tend to put a lot of milk in my coffee (no sugar though) and this morning I measured it for the first time and found out that it's about a third of the volume. Oops! I can't stomach black coffee, but I might be able to scale down on the amount of milk I use.

I've measured the Futurelife I eat at work as well and it's more than I thought. For now I'll replace the milk in that with water and have oats on some days instead.

It's kinda scary once you start measuring the food you eat to realize how much sugar is in some products and that you are taking in more calories than you thought.

Edited by Jacquers

I'm struggling to get back on the STRICT DAILY CALORIE COUNTING wagon since the end of January!! February was basically a break even, but if it carries on like this I'm going in the wrong direction this month! Already leaving for the West Coast tomorrow for my sisters wedding weekend that's going to be a non-stop party.. It was last year also more or less this time of the year when I started going backwards and found myself 5kg up by the end of September. I can't let that happen again this year! At least my fitness is good at the moment. Don't think I've ever been this fit in my life before. Smashed the CTCT MTB Challenge 60km this past weekend in 45min quicker than I hoped for, got up the next day feeling good enough to pedal up the mountain again.

I've measured the Futurelife I eat at work as well and it's more than I thought. For now I'll replace the milk in that with water and have oats on some days instead.

I had much the same issue with milk in my oats and milo . Stopped  milk and replaced with water and the weight dropped off quicker . You still need to do the training and if you can uo that you are on a winning streak .I cut sugar and salt out of my diet ( white foods theory ) I find there is enough in most foods to compensate for not adding it in .