Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see mostly XC bikes here actually, 2nd hand enduro bikes aren't easy to find, the dual suspension classifieds section is full of XC bikes  ;)

I was actually surprised when I moved from France to SA to see that everyone was riding without any form of protection (except for tiny cute little helmets) when we were riding full DH bikes in full DH kits in France, on much easier trails than what I ride here most of the time  ^_^  ^_^

I have to admit I do see more and more enduro bikes these days ;)

post-5403-0-61955900-1568977170_thumb.jpg

Myles mostly rides a keyboard and a mouse. He very rarely actually swings a leg over a bike.

shooeeee ... almost thought you were calling me out there till I re-read the post and saw Myles's name :P

Lol. I too enjoy being over kitted most of the time. Recently I've been klapping the steel HT with bare knees/elbows and halflid for funduro days. Its just lekker chill and I have the excuse to ride past big drops and pallet jumps sans shame. The guys I know with big boy bikes definitely put them through their paces every now and then. But not at the frequency you'd expect.

Hehe. Everything I write on here should be in sarcasm font. You okes should know that by now.

Some say that you have gone full #enduro will be at JH looking for a medal? 

I see mostly XC bikes here actually, 2nd hand enduro bikes aren't easy to find, the dual suspension classifieds section is full of XC bikes  ;)

I have been trying to find out what new 140/150mm travel bikes are available in store and available to view in Pretoria, and the results have been disappointing to say the least. Salesmen look at you funny like you are not worth their time, and then try to move you over to the sub 120mm range. :blink: They really are not making it easy to support LBS's.

Thanks be for Barry & the folks at Pyga. At this rate I might just take the plunge and buy an alu Hyrax when they come out.

Some say that you have gone full #enduro will be at JH looking for a medal? 

I'm just looking to finish without making a complete fool of myself.

Edit. Ok maybe that ship has sailed but I'm just looking to finish.

Edit #2. Some people have to get dragged up the hill and bribed, begged and threatened to do some riding.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I'm just looking to finish without making a complete fool of myself.

Edit. Ok maybe that ship has sailed but I'm just looking to finish.

Same. Currently got the flu, and hoping to hell it's not gonna morph into bronchitis. But my aim is to finish. Thank feck it looks like we're not going to the saaltjie 4 times!

Same. Currently got the flu, and hoping to hell it's not gonna morph into bronchitis. But my aim is to finish. Thank feck it looks like we're not going to the saaltjie 4 times!

twice to saaltjie twice to top of plumber/phoenix. potato/fibrous root that you eat. Big day out no matter how you cut the cheese.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

twice to saaltjie twice to top of plumber/phoenix. potato/fibrous root that you eat. Big day out no matter how you cut the cheese.

yup. 

Just asking - which climb do people think would be better? Doing the left hand winding climb to get to Plumber, or going via the waterfall route on the other end?

I think the left hand climb is more gradual, but not sure.