Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought first! That piece of land is mine and the plot lower down

Hahahaha! Fair enough. You own a little more of the trail. I might buy some with a view next time.

• 3 months later...

Wow its quiet around here... Anyone else found that RS forks overstate the air pressure to rider weight? I'm in at least the 85kg range but I find the recommended pressure way to high. I'm currently around 55psi in my Yari with no tokens!

Wow its quiet around here... Anyone else found that RS forks overstate the air pressure to rider weight? I'm in at least the 85kg range but I find the recommended pressure way to high. I'm currently around 55psi in my Yari with no tokens!

to high to what?  :whistling:

to high to what?  :whistling:

Use the available travel and feel comfy for my pathetic right hand which is prone to going numb...

Ag I honestly take manufacturers pressures with a pinch of salt. A starting point at best mos :)

which they themselves to state as well...

On my Revelation I'm at 50 psi with two tokens. Way below manufacturer recommendation.

Same with the Pike on my hardtail. I think I'm on 55psi sans tokens there.

Nice topic to get it going again. Has it been the lack of events? 

All I know is that after going back and forth between the new and old air spring, I've found a great pressure and I haven't touched the thing since George Enduro last year. Probably due for a service soon. No Idea what that is though since my shockpump's dial is whack.

I was just getting beat up badly on long rocky (Armageddon style) descends, and dropped the pressure by around 5 PSI. It sags slightly more now in the garage sag test, but once on the trail, I find it way more comfortable with better traction and the slow speed compression actually doing its thing

Sounds to me like you need to give up on RS, throw some money at the problem and go full BBRRUUNNNIII with a Ohlins fork!

Sounds to me like you need to give up on RS, throw some money at the problem and go full BBRRUUNNNIII with a Ohlins fork!

Actually no, I love my Pike wif Charger and my Yari with motion control - the latter has been totally reliable and always gets great reviews. Sure the damper could be a little better - I get a bit of dive under braking, but for the most part I can't fault it. 

I have just tossed the Guides off my Enduro and replaced them with 785 XT's. Next is a new Shimano 203 rotor up front and the old 200 rotor at the back. So happy to be off those awful DOT fluid brakes.

• 2 months later...

I forked out for an Assegai for the front wheel of my Enduro.  about a month back. Its an exo plus 2.6 and so far its been great. The difference in grip between it and the Aggressor is noticeable, but not in a smack you in the face kind of way, compared to say when I went from a worn out DHR 2 to a Magic Mary a few years back. Its as if you don't notice the tyre because it just does its thing. The most striking thing has actually been how fast it rolls. I was expecting a noticeable increase in resistance but so far its been the opposite. I even got a pb up the long jeep track at Tokai. Weird. I'm still getting used to the increased grip and slowly increasing my cornering speed on the downs. 

37 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I forked out for an Assegai for the front wheel of my Enduro.  about a month back. Its an exo plus 2.6 and so far its been great. The difference in grip between it and the Aggressor is noticeable, but not in a smack you in the face kind of way, compared to say when I went from a worn out DHR 2 to a Magic Mary a few years back. Its as if you don't notice the tyre because it just does its thing. The most striking thing has actually been how fast it rolls. I was expecting a noticeable increase in resistance but so far its been the opposite. I even got a pb up the long jeep track at Tokai. Weird. I'm still getting used to the increased grip and slowly increasing my cornering speed on the downs. 

The Ass-Guy on the front is a great trail / AM tyre

• 5 months later...

My enduro was out of action for a bit while Stoke waited for a service kit and then came to grips with the idiosyncrasies of the Ohlins STX22. Such a lekker  shock with a serious design flaw. I am hoping it holds air a bit better than it did before.