What jeans do cyclists wear?

Eldron

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually possible to tailor jeans.  Ask at your local dry cleaner.  It's not expensive, usually cheaper to get a size too big & tailor the waist, than to buy fashion jeans.

Some woolies & edgars tailor as well.

Seems like a forgotten option these days.  Just how old am I?

It is actually possible to tailor jeans.  Ask at your local dry cleaner.  It's not expensive, usually cheaper to get a size too big & tailor the waist, than to buy fashion jeans.

Some woolies & edgars tailor as well.

Seems like a forgotten option these days.  Just how old am I?

I'm going to do just that with my Levi's when I need to. Levi's are lovely though, in terms of feel and fit. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yep Ditto on the Levis 541. Athletic fit as they call them.

Half of these 'relaxed' fit jeans are slim fit on the thighs of a cyclist - so annoying

Bloody hell how big are y'all's legs [emoji54] ... Normal jeans seem to fit me ok so I guess I'm not at that level!

Skinny jeans ... Ja nee kyk that's not for me, knock knees look stupid enough without them.

Sorry to break it to you Ben, you are not-so-big-Ben ....

Levi 541 are those stupid stretch fabric.. Not real denim.... Am I reading that right?

so your name does not reflect your taste in pants ....

Levi stores have a weird policy over here...

They only stock the 541 at "outlet" store not the regular store. Closest outlet store is 150km away.

I tried the 501 and 521 and one or two others recommended by the coolest dude to ever work a Levi store - no dice. Gonna have to make a plan a day trip to the Outlet store.

Also struggle to find comfortable jeans “over here”

Seems like short and slim is popular

I usually take 33W and 34Leg

Best ones I have found are a brand called Brax

They have them in stretch and they feel light compared to Levi or your other typical jean brands which feel a bit heavier.