[Event] SRAM WC XCO Series / SA Cup Series Bloemendal Round 1

Events Bot

Another question: if it says 5 laps for my category, does the first lap count as a lap or do we do a start lap plus 5 laps?

From what I understand the first lap is shortened and includes a lengthened climb to separate the riders. Its included in the lap count

Lap 2 is the first full lap of the course.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one tough course all right....very technical, which is cool, but long climb there at the back. Lap three onward gonna be a haaard

Don't want to be funny, but it looks like we will have some thundershowers on Saturday. 30 predicted with cloud cover and rain? Guess the humidity will be sky high.

Edited by Moridin

Don't want to be funny, but it looks like we will have some thundershowers on Saturday. 30 predicted with cloud cover and rain? Guess the humidity will be sky high.

Lovely....May as well move to Durban for the summer.

hahahahaha thats a bit dramatic!

The rain will tack up the dust and make the trails even faster!

Or slipperier 'er

Wet dust is recipe for disaster first hand experience on "The" 2 weeks ago

I hope to do a lap tomorrow morning on my way to work.

Just hope my knee recovers from the fall i took Tuesday morning practicing. oops.

At least my bike got sorted in time. 

So i did some practice this morning on my way to work on the XCO course.

Where i fell my moer off on Tuesday morning, i did it perfectly and i even managed the pallet jump this morning. The Lombard gap still has me confused (i did it this morning but not graceful at all). So bring on tomorrow for the suffer fest. 

Is anyone attending the briefing this afternoon?

I can't attend unfortunately due to work. 

Could someone please inform us what is said at the briefing. Thanks 

Is anyone attending the briefing this afternoon?

I can't attend unfortunately due to work. 

Could someone please inform us what is said at the briefing. Thanks 

Most important info is that the A line at the top (Bone Crusher) will only be open for Junior Men and Elite Men. All other categories (including vets) will be forced to take the B line.

Decision was taken by the UCI race commissaire after a bunch of falls on the Bone Crusher today, resulting in 3 broken shoulders.

And when seeding you have to enter the chute at the back. If you enter from the front you will be DQ'd.

Edited by Moridin

Thanks Moridin.

But the A line is fun. Can one do the B line round the bone crusher and then swing into the a line? Does this make sense? Or are we forced to use the whole b line?

Think I fell on the bone crusher Tuesday morning. But got it right this morning. Along with the pallet jump. Oh well. Will see tomorrow. I assume there is a da e briefing before each race as well?

Thanks Moridin.

But the A line is fun. Can one do the B line round the bone crusher and then swing into the a line? Does this make sense? Or are we forced to use the whole b line?

The whole B line up to the point where it joins at the bottom. That question was asked at the briefing and duly answered by the commissaire.

That's disappointing news. It is the only significant A-Line on the course.

What is the chance that the elite women might come up against some congestion with the back markers from the other categories that they are sharing the course with? Maybe they should get their own race like the men?

There are riders who haven't ridden the B-line and now they need race it blind. I suppose that's why you go to briefings  :whistling: