[Event] The Durbie Dash Road

Ernst Viljoen

% for tomorrow's race is fine.

Was my F group PPA seeding which surprised me. Not shocked me, just surprised. 

My best recent-ish result was the 99er earlier this year.  That put me into a high Tour de PPA and CTCT group (%). 

I was just surprised to see PPA are now using my Tour de PPA result from long ago (2018, with 15 point penalty) as my best result.

I would have thought this year's 99er (much more recent, much more relevant) would still be the race to use.

Perhaps I just don't understand their system.

as a matter of interested i just went to check my PPA road seeding & i see they also still using a mtb race of more than a year ago I have been penalised for it though & soon I'll drop out of A unless i do a pretty good mtb race tomorrow or the next road sportif.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the Savages for catching %. Let this be a lesson for the parisites in the % bunch! 1 pull in front wont kill you... Just roll through!

Shame, one youngster kept sitting in the paceline till about 3rd wheel and then diving out the way, until a friendly hand came from behind to remind him where the front was. After that he did not sit in the paceline. 

There were some amazing youngsters in the group though, Tyler Lange rode really well. 

Shame, one youngster kept sitting in the paceline till about 3rd wheel and then diving out the way, until a friendly hand came from behind to remind him where the front was. After that he did not sit in the paceline.

There were some amazing youngsters in the group though, Tyler Lange rode really well.

He made it hard up that final drag and then outsprinted my teammate ????

Well done to the Savages for catching %. Let this be a lesson for the parisites in the % bunch! 1 pull in front wont kill you... Just roll through!

Given that most Savages that pulled A to us would be riding in $ normally, I don't see any shame in them catching us.

The group was very big. Makes it very hard to roll through and work upfront if you are in the middle & back (and basically impossible without crossing the white line). Have seen this situation many times in the % and B bunches.

Given that most Savages that pulled A to us would be riding in $ normally, I don't see any shame in them catching us.

The group was very big. Makes it very hard to roll through and work upfront if you are in the middle & back (and basically impossible without crossing the white line). Have seen this situation many times in the % and B bunches.

Dont agree... Ample time to move up...Move up on drags or when bunch sits up. See it often in B bunch.. Guys rather sit and wait for last 5km.. Then you see guys that you have never seen entire race. Savages work consistently together.. No surges..anyway...is what it is.

Oh and mister A 513 who sneaked into the % bunch after spinning a story to the marshalls about how he will drop back to his bunch before the race start. Would have been able to do a faster time if he stayed in A ????

Oh and mister A 513 who sneaked into the % bunch after spinning a story to the marshalls about how he will drop back to his bunch before the race start. Would have been able to do a faster time if he stayed in A [emoji39]

Ha ha!! He is probably going to email Racetec saying he started in 1A.

Won’t lie, it was tough catching today. Only 3 of us would have been in %.

The high school has been nicely upgraded, really nice!!

Thanks @Pure Savage - your train saved my race  :clap:

I started in % and was having a great ride, then my chain came off at around 30kms down a fast section  :wacko:. Had to put my hand up and stop, took a while to get going - tried to chase back, but it was tough going. Then I hear a voice from behind ... "how long have you been out here" - music to my ears. Joined in your paceline to catch the bunch again. It was really cool riding with you guys, painful but lots of fun  :thumbup:

Thanks @Pure Savage - your train saved my race  :clap:

I started in % and was having a great ride, then my chain came off at around 30kms down a fast section  :wacko:. Had to put my hand up and stop, took a while to get going - tried to chase back, but it was tough going. Then I hear a voice from behind ... "how long have you been out here" - music to my ears. Joined in your paceline to catch the bunch again. It was really cool riding with you guys, painful but lots of fun  :thumbup:

We had not seen the group ahead till we got to you. Was surprised to see you on your ace. 

You pulled nicely when catching them. 

I worked out what the CSA dude was doing, the % should have stopped and given A a gap, rather hard to communicate that though to 130 people cruising at 45km/h. 

In %, two guys got a gap on the R302 and I was quite surprised at how long it took to bring them back. Do you know who was the one guy with the Namibian socks in the breakaway? 

The race was a little bit boring/frustrating, difficult to get to front. On the second last hill some guy put in a nice effort and it got a little strung out. I should have moved to the front when it eased up since I got boxed in on the last downhill again.

I too rode in %.  I wasn't surprised when A caught us because up to that point it was  just a steady BIG group ride.. (some at the front ,others just sitting on for the free ride) . Not too slow but not fast either given the perfect conditions.. hence the whole bunch coming to the finish together.

In %, two guys got a gap on the R302 and I was quite surprised at how long it took to bring them back. Do you know who was the one guy with the Namibian socks in the breakaway? 

The race was a little bit boring/frustrating, difficult to get to front. On the second last hill some guy put in a nice effort and it got a little strung out. I should have moved to the front when it eased up since I got boxed in on the last downhill again.

Brendon gave it a go over the top, had 100m at one point but I thought 2 or 3 others would come over, only one person did, but very late. 

Once we caught %, we had lost 3 min on elite, by the end it was 8 minutes.

imagine you enter a race, seeded in the sharp end then just content with sitting in with no real purpose...

this idea blows my mind specifically for a 2 hour ride!

I too rode in %.  I wasn't surprised when A caught us because up to that point it was  just a steady BIG group ride.. (some at the front ,others just sitting on for the free ride) . Not too slow but not fast either given the perfect conditions.. hence the whole bunch coming to the finish together.