Why they pushing???....

Kenty

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought this simply qualifies as a standard mtb stage race then?

astute observation, apart from the fact that a standard mtb stage race is held over a period of days, whereas an enduro race's stages are all completed in one day.

And also, a mtb stage race is typically geared at entertaining corporate fatcats who reckon that single track qualifies as technical terrain, and anything with a berm should be rated black on the IMBA scale.

Enduro on the other hand will perceive a track with gap jumps and road gap jumps, drop offs and rock gardens as possibly blue according to IMBA.

astute observation, apart from the fact that a standard mtb stage race is held over a period of days, whereas an enduro race's stages are all completed in one day.

And also, a mtb stage race is typically geared at entertaining corporate fatcats who reckon that single track qualifies as technical terrain, and anything with a berm should be rated black on the IMBA scale.

Enduro on the other hand will perceive a track with gap jumps and road gap jumps, drop offs and rock gardens as possibly blue according to IMBA.

There I was thinking Enduro should conform to FIA Standards. . . . . . . . . 

• Maybe they all got a mechanical at the same time and no-one has any tools / technical skills to fix the problems at hand

Maybe they're just taking their bikes for a walk

My Frey ebike changed my life from weekend worrier, hurting and grinding along, avoiding long steep rides to a fun adventure riding further no matter how steep or how I feel. The Cape trails were made to be enjoyed and explored :)

i tried riding down, then decided ok lets go up and try that again, after i got molested by a tree trunk i pansie'd down armageddon, with my tail between my legs

Yeah, Status isn't an easy trail... :P

My Frey ebike changed my life from weekend worrier, hurting and grinding along, avoiding long steep rides to a fun adventure riding further no matter how steep or how I feel. The Cape trails were made to be enjoyed and explored :)

That post belongs on the motorcycle thread. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endurance is what I do

Enduro is doing 5 laps of chicken chicken knee and then hitting anniversary hill

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk :thumbup: Aaahh..The LEGEND...thanks Sir,,yes I like the endurance too I must admit...slowly but surely working up to your speed...your explaination sums it up nicely for me...thanks.. :clap:

• Maybe they all got a mechanical at the same time and no-one has any tools / technical skills to fix the problems at hand
  • Maybe they're just taking their bikes for a walk

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :whistling: