[Event] PHILADELPHIA MTB

Annemart

Just one thing I'd like to mention about this event - well done organisers on the portaloo situation. Plenty of loos - all nicely positioned on even ground - larger than the usual pieces of tupperware so room for 97kg of Mamil to take off the lycra to do the business - enough toilet paper AND a light that came on when the door was closed. 

Excellent and receives the highest rating of any event I've attended. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the mini 13km this year with three young boys who live on our family farm, a sort of project to introduce them to mountain biking, get them outdoors, bit of development etc. The kids LOVED the race. It was their first ever one (hence joining them) and they couldn’t believe they got chocolates at the water table and coke PLUS a medal at the end and to top it all, a jumping castle awaited them. It was an eye opener seeing it from their perspective, how easily we take the small things for granted.

Thanks to the Laubschers of Altona and the organizers for this event! Next year Im back (on my longer distance again)

Massive thanks to the gents who helped my one rider and I with his technical in the first few kilometers of the race, much appreciated

No worries.  Always happy to stop help a fellow 2 wheeler out when im not in lycra and in the top 3 position of a fun ride  :ph34r: mmm sorry race....

On a different note big ups the the ladies group over  60 years old doing the fun family easy ride :eek: .  It was certainly not the normal 5km around the barn ride.  2 sand sections to the likes of which has never been seen in such an event distance.  not to mention the two uphills.  Respect and keep at it it does get easier the more you do it.

To the gentlemen that had to replace 2 flats.  Slime is what you are looking for.  you get tubes with them in. ^_^

Anyone seen if any “official” photos have been published?

There are photos loaded on the Facebook Page now.

The one thing that had me a little concerned was the downhill section along the farm fence, just after the one water point.  Not concentrating on that section could have you getting yourself ripped to bits on the barbed wire fence, with the trail being so close to it.

Edited by Sbloomer

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know if this race is going to happen in 2020?  Missed it last year and would like to have done it in 2020

Does anyone know if this race is going to happen in 2020?  Missed it last year and would like to have done it in 2020

Its cancelled, they doing some kins motoX race instead

Its cancelled, they doing some kins motoX race instead

Saw it on the fb page - bizarre...

Was such a popular event. Oh well, now to find something else to do post Argus

Saw it on the fb page - bizarre...

Was such a popular event. Oh well, now to find something else to do post Argus

Assume it was the logistics, as they did move to a new venue last year.  But it is really sad as it was one of the "different"  kind of races in the cape for me

• 2 weeks later...

Last year was epic! I have always enjoyed this ride and at the new venue it was perfect. 

Guess I'll wait a week and do Fine Breede instead.