Idiots at the CTCT

Transporter

OH the drama. I thought I heard violins.. Spent his whole life to achieve, at the world fun ride Champs??

Friday fun.

No need to be an afrikaans box about it, some people don't shoot for the stars and for them the Argus is the biggest race they will ever ride and the one that they measure their performance and fitness by. 

Nothing wrong with it, as I said, no need to be a tool about it either

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you always have something condescending to say about forum users?

Why are you so super sensitive and take everything that is stated broadly as a personal attack and condescending? If you're going to take blatant questions of intrigue as personal attacks, the internet is not a healthy and safe place for you.

If you want to go off topic, send a pm, don't derail the thread, again

Edited by Dirkitech

Worth re-reading https://www.bikehub.co.za/docs/comments_policy

We won't tolerate:
  • Abusive or disruptive comments.
    This includes:
    - Swearing or otherwise foul language (including abbreviations or alternative spellings).
     - Harassment and Threats: Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs. Any threat or intimation of a threat.
    Personal attacks / flaming: You may dispute somebody's opinion but not attack/flame the person who stated it
    Use multiple accounts: With the exception of members who have separate business / brand and personal profiles any member found to use duplicate profiles with the intent to cause trouble, evade negative ratings or troll will receive an immediate ban.

I had Romancing the Stone, from about Glencairn all the way to the bloody finish. Thank you, Long Wheel Base.

:clap:  :clap:  :D  :D  Your welcome.

<p>

Worth re-reading https://www.bikehub.co.za/docs/comments_policy

We won't tolerate:

• Abusive or disruptive comments.

This includes:

- Swearing or otherwise foul language (including abbreviations or alternative spellings).

- Harassment and Threats: Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs. Any threat or intimation of a threat.

- Personal attacks / flaming: You may dispute somebody's opinion but not attack/flame the person who stated it

- Use multiple accounts: With the exception of members who have separate business / brand and personal profiles any member found to use duplicate profiles with the intent to cause trouble, evade negative ratings or troll will receive an immediate ban.

Wonder what happened to the 3 day bans warning points admin used to dish out

Thanks for pointing my point out, you should be enjoying your bike and not having the right gearing is going to get in the way of that.

I don't think someone spending big cash on a bike is going to baulk at the cost of a second crankset, (even if they didn't just swap it out at purchase).

Argus course is not that hilly, so if you can't ride your bike up those hills then you're going to battle all year round (unless you live in holland)

So Sagz is super popular, and has surely sold a megatonee of S-Works that are in triple figures at the tillpoint.

let's check out his bike from TdF 2018

https://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/tour-de-france-bikes-peter-sagans-specialized-s-works-venge-gallery-52597/

dsc_0159-1531072916807-9418xlfk6msc-630-

according to this handy little tool http://www.gear-calculator.com/

gearing - 54/42 and 11-28 cassette

now the slowest speed of that bike - @ 60rpm is 13km/h

ok, but he's a sprinter and probably swaps out his cranks and cassettes for the hilly stages, right? So let's look at froomedawgs Dogma then

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/chris-froomes-giro-ditalia-pinarello-dogma-f10-x-light-gallery/

http://src.media.cyclingnews.com/2018/04/19/1/img_7034.jpg

the speed of this bike at 60rpm = 11km/h

52/38 with an 11-30

edit:not saying guys who ride superbikes are idiots, i just think they should match their gear ratios to their ability

But what you also need to take into account is each persons optimal RPM range.

When I started riding I used to go along at low RPMs and managed just fine, then as I got more into riding and read more advice everything said I should be spinning at higher RPM, so I tried to adjust to spinning at high RPM. For many years I tried, I found that spinning along at 80rpm to be where I was comfortable on the flats, but for some reason I always struggled on the hills and would burn out before the summit.

Sometime over the last 18 months I had a revelation and decided to try going back to grinding and its been working for me. I can now sit at 60 rpm, grinding my way to the summit of the hill, doing the same speeds I was when I was spinning. And as I'm getting stronger I'm actually able to do slightly higher speeds too.

So just because someone is spinning much slower than you think is optimal, dont dismiss them, some of us are built differently. 

There is a like button....although its disguised

Disguised for some, I have never had an issue with the little tick. What does suck is I can't upload photos from the phone. Is that also disguised?

No need to be an afrikaans box about it, some people don't shoot for the stars and for them the Argus is the biggest race they will ever ride and the one that they measure their performance and fitness by.

Relax Jase it's FRIDAY after all. We are all friends here. Argust is but a drop in the 2 Ocean. See what I did there? As they go along, they will realise that most people they encounter, dont give a rats behind about their Argust time. This is a general comment. Just ride your fiets steel, bamboo or Superbike, have fun and don't be a strav@sshole in the process, obsessed with likes and kudos right? Just be lekker.

Can we start a poll

Is it mostly the CT riders causing k@k or the guys from Joburg?

Hahahaha!

Level Stir: Expert 

post-36036-0-48835100-1552640296_thumb.gif

Even though I agree with you I'm battling to see where the Afrikaans part fits in?