Idiots at the CTCT

Transporter

Why would people trick the system

You just cheating yourself

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

people cheat because that's just how they are wired. Not really anything for you to understand so don;t beat yourself up over it.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is something I saw happening at the 99er and then also at the Tour De PPA.

I have seen a rider riding with more than just 1 Racetec chip. So at the 99er I saw a guy riding with a chip on his fork then could clearly see the other chip on a strap around his ankle under his sock. I saw him in the bunch and said to myself there is no way I'll forget his number, and then, like a dream, I got to the finish and had forgotten it just like when u wake up.

This is unfortunately more common than I realised as I went to the race info desk and informed them and said they must please check the results where 2 "different riders" have the exact same splits over the mats. They said they will look into it.

It's this kind of thing that causes the issues on "big" race days with big bunches because if some oke, for whatever reason hasn't raced all year or trained and his mate has, and now all of a sudden wants a lekker seeding for the CTCT then he just gives his mate his chip and his mate hides it and BOOM, seeding sorted, yes he will be dropped, But still shouldn't be starting there in the 1st place!!

Unfortunately other than checking the splits over the matts (Which can't be that hard to do as I'm sure it's almost impossible for 2 riders to have the exact same time over the start and finish mats, but could take some time to do), there is nothing that can be done prior to the race to stop this kind of thing, or is there?

Just wish more people could be honest with themselves and everyone else, theoretcially that's easy, Unfortunately we do not live in a theoretical world though.

I have my chip on the front with the adaptor thing and my toppie has his on his ankle so our splits will be very close. I have seen a few tandems putting both chips on the front wheel with the adaptor, One on either side. So they would in theory have the exact same time whereas my toppie will be about 1 metre behind me at every mat. But we are not cheating or trying to cheat and its a tandem so should be picked up from our entries as we enter as a tandem and not 2 (or 1 in the case you saw) singles.

There was a guy at Comrades last year, Indian international runner... definitely took a car trip between mats for the majority of the second half of the race... his split for the last 23km's was the 3rd fastest in the entire race.

Imagine how hollow and empty your life must be to do something like that. Even funnier to contemplate, it's not something you can do alone...

Humans never cease to amaze me  :blush:

I have my chip on the front with the adaptor thing and my toppie has his on his ankle so our splits will be very close. I have seen a few tandems putting both chips on the front wheel with the adaptor, One on either side. So they would in theory have the exact same time whereas my toppie will be about 1 metre behind me at every mat. But we are not cheating or trying to cheat and its a tandem so should be picked up from our entries as we enter as a tandem and not 2 (or 1 in the case you saw) singles.

But you will be listed in the seeding as being a "tandem".

Footballer is saying that two singles having exactly the same split at every check point will be indicative of a rider being fitted with two timing chips, one not belonging to them.

Even if two riders ride together the whole way, unless you co-ordinate to intentionally ride over the timing mats side by side every time, it a clear sign post of cheating. Why would two people riding together cross the matt at exactly the same time everytime?

However, entries are down 2018 to 2019 so I don't think there's a lot of appetite to catch cheats

They also try start earlier so can try hook onto faster groups etc.

You just making a fool of yourself

And will be dropped

You want faster groups then earn it

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

However, entries are down 2018 to 2019 so I don't think there's a lot of appetite to catch cheats

:huh:

It's not like the cheats will be getting their entry fee back ^_^ So not sure what would drive any apathy wrt digging out the cheats, other than they not having an automated means of so.

After all is said and done life is simple.

Unless I switch you (sudden drastic change of direction right in front of you) get a life:

1. You are behind me and no shouting of hold your line will have any effect on me. For all I know you are shouting at someone else.My line is my line, you need to anticipate what I am going to do. 

2. You are behind me and I will slow my pace a bit if there is a sudden gust of headwind or a sudden incline. You need to anticipate what I am going to do.

3. You are behind me and I I will move about in the bunch as I see fit in a smooth and controlled manner to best position myself to be behind someone else out of the wind. I will not indicate what I am doing, because if you are paying attention you will already know what I am going to be doing and expect it.

Well that is how it goes in bunches that race, it seem to be in the wannabe racing bunches that it seems to be a problem.

Oh and one last thing!!!

DO NOT SHOW ME YOUR BOTTLE WHEN YOU TAKE A DRINK UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO TAKE IT FROM YOU!!!

After all is said and done life is simple.

Unless I switch you (sudden drastic change of direction right in front of you) get a life:

1. You are behind me and no shouting of hold your line will have any effect on me. For all I know you are shouting at someone else.My line is my line, you need to anticipate what I am going to do. 

2. You are behind me and I will slow my pace a bit if there is a sudden gust of headwind or a sudden incline. You need to anticipate what I am going to do.

3. You are behind me and I I will move about in the bunch as I see fit in a smooth and controlled manner to best position myself to be behind someone else out of the wind. I will not indicate what I am doing, because if you are paying attention you will already know what I am going to be doing and expect it.

Well that is how it goes in bunches that race, it seem to be in the wannabe racing bunches that it seems to be a problem.

Oh and one last thing!!!

DO NOT SHOW ME YOUR BOTTLE WHEN YOU TAKE A DRINK UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO TAKE IT FROM YOU!!!

So basically, f#$k common courtesy?

And you don't think that when someone tells you to hold your line that its very much an indication that they're about to (try to) overtake you or that a dangerous situation is arising and they are anxious about a possible crash occurring?

I can't recall having been told once to hold my line but I always try to be aware of where others are before moving in a direction.

And you don't think that when someone tells you to hold your line that its very much an indication that they're about to (try to) overtake you or that a dangerous situation is arising and they are anxious about a possible crash occurring?

I can't recall having been told once to hold my line but I always try to be aware of where others are before moving in a direction.

No! Period, there are many reasons why this is so, not least of which is that I do not know if you are shouting at me or not.

You are wanting to pass so you make the the judgement calls.

Have you ever heard hold your line in the pro, proam or cat racing peleton?

No! Period, there are many reasons why this is so, not least of which is that I do not know if you are shouting at me or not.

You are wanting to pass so you make the the judgement calls.

Have you ever heard hold your line in the pro, proam or cat racing peleton?

No because they generally hold their line.

Maybe if you want to stop hearing "hold your line" you should just hold your line.

No because they generally hold their line.

Maybe if you want to stop hearing "hold your line" you should just hold your line.

I am very comfortable with my line etc.

I was commenting on what happens in the back bunches. I hear hold you line so many times and was looking around to see who the offending person was and who was in such a hurry to get through, only to see the same person drop back within less than a minute only to repeat the process over and over again.

It was quite a laugh to be honest. 

Edit: Also shouting hold your line at a noob only make the problem escalate as they now have absolutely no idea of what to do next and end up doing the Tarentaal all over the road. 

Edited by TDFN

What is this? (Honest question, have not done so many race to know all the signs.)