Idiots at the CTCT

Transporter

Is it my imagination or was there a lot of idiots riding the CTCT.Like Collette seeing the dump site just before chappies and then crossing from right to left to discard her gel wrappers cutting of a number of riders. Or the guy and his chick on a Tandem shouting Tandem coming through in a right hand corner with no space to pass in and then blowing 2 km later. They finished about 11:30.

Edited by Transporter

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad topic came up. I have come to find that in sum races there is a couple of wane be racers that's eather not use to riding in big bunches or group riding and they don't know rules and will be all over the place and also not holding there line. That is where PPA seeding event come in where they have these hill climb and it bumb your seeding up. That how we end. Up with non experienced riders in bunch.

Edited by Trek man

Glad topic came up. I have come to find that in sum races there is a couple of wane be racers that's eather not use to riding in big bunches or group riding and they don't know rules and will be all over the place and also not holding there line. That is where PPA seeding event come in where they have these hill climb and it bumb your seeding up. That how we end. Up with non experienced riders in bunch.

Yip lots of idiots with very little riding etiquette. Bafoons who barge into closing gaps where the road is being funneled. 

Ex Tour De France wannabees in supertuck in the middle of the bunch down wynberg hill getting blown left and right with people sitting upright passing them.

CTCT is never short  on fun

i had a kugel in bantry bay trying to drive her grey audi/beemer/whatever southbound on victoria road against the traffic.

basically where the grey SUV was in this streetview.

https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-33.9282344,18.3757311,3a,75y,247.78h,87.31t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stirQU6m5j3Nt6vlhQmbcxQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

since no one seemed to have collected her someone must have told her to go home, no way she was getting round that blind corner without picking up roadkill

you dont get that in the lower groups that much....not even from the 1A guys doing a second lap, they just go by their business quietly. in any form of racing it tends to be the mid level guys who have the worst attitudes towards their peers...like dogs fighting for scraps. They have achieved JUST enough to stroke their egos and a superiority complex 

Boet that pissed me off, these guys can't hold there line and especially when it comes to small inclines they seem to get dropped by the peleton and keep splitting the peloton in two then me still like an idiot closing the gap only to be burn out ????

Yip lots of idiots with very little riding etiquette. Bafoons who barge into closing gaps where the road is being funneled. 

Ex Tour De France wannabees in supertuck in the middle of the bunch down wynberg hill getting blown left and right with people sitting upright passing them.

CTCT is never short  on fun

I only really start enjoying the race around Kommetjie... When all the "one-time seeding wonders" and wannabes have been blown off the back up & down Smits (and the most of the dropped okes from earlier groups are too tired to latch onto groups passing them)

Was wondering how many people went for second lap given the conditions.?

A few of them passed us on the m3 (6k btw) and they were going at what i can only assume was a similar pace than the first time around...ie..like scolded cats lol

Edited by morneS555

Not gonna get much bike or kit for R100.00 LOL

depends where and on what you intercept a "suspicious" rider in blue overalls and gumboots? :ph34r:  :whistling: