Ikon rear - Forecaster front?

Williepotch

Would this be a good option on my Cannondale Scalpel? The Racing Ralphs it came with was starting to loose grip .On the extreme down hill corners of the Karoo to Coast I had to do some major braking before even atempting to take a corner . I am a heavy rider at 110kg.(for now) Can get them at a very good price.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather go for Ardent up front. I have Forekaster on the front and they are not very grippy on dry loose terrain, it's more of an (Cape Town) winter tire.

Barzo at the front and saguaro at the back. I dont know why people like the ardent. Heavy, slow and the grip is nothing to write home about.

Yes, excellent combo.

I have been using it for a while now. Ride it on rigid SS and full sus.

Forekaster has A LOT more grip than Ardent, use a 2.35 on the front.

It weights exactly the same as Ardent race 2.35 and Ikon 2.35.

Especially good in the Cape for loose over hardpack.

Run it at pretty low pressures.

Yesterday chucked two onza ibex 2.4s on my bike. Probably overkill,but they can take a hit. Grips like baby **** in a fleece blanket.

Barzo at the front and saguaro at the back. I dont know why people like the ardent. Heavy, slow and the grip is nothing to write home about.

I had this and changed to an old Hans Damph on the front and have Forecaster ready for when it wears out. I found the Barzo drifts badly in loose dry stuff. I must say that it is a predictable, gradual slide that one can try and control. It just doesn't let go suddenly.

Yesterday chucked two onza ibex 2.4s on my bike. Probably overkill,but they can take a hit. Grips like baby **** in a fleece blanket.

Until you lean enough then the **** ends up in your bip, and the stain in your baggys