Is this behaviour ok?

Quagga

When I said to the cyclist that he skipped a red light, I was told to "F*&^ Off"

Should we not adhere to the road rules, like not standing 3m ahead of the white line?

What do you think....?

Is there sound in the video? I just paused my music, played the video and all is quiet.

another moaning thread i know its friday but .........

The majority, easy 80% or more, of your first post to any thread ever, is always something either sarcastic, trollish or meaningless. I'm sure you are aware of this behaviour, yet continue just as well as the threads; just as well as the red light jumpers.

Stereotypical response by the red light jumper though. Get clocked breaking the law, first response is almost always an aggressive retort, unless it was blue lights doing the clocking!

There should be a volunteer traffic enforcement program for cyclists, just like the one for motorvehicles (in theory it already applies, but I mean a streamlined one perhaps). Of course, that does mean I'll get called out too when I skip the red to make a left turn at this one place near home, but obviously this is all knowingly so that's that.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there sound in the video? I just paused my music, played the video and all is quiet.

SNIP

Unfortunately not. Had the mic on the camera off, as I normally use it for trail riding so no need for sound and I get slightly more battery and run time as it is less data. 

Only remembered/ noticed it was off when I wanted to post it

Edited by Quagga

Stereotypical response by the red light jumper though. Get clocked breaking the law, first response is almost always an aggressive retort, unless it was blue lights doing the clocking!

But then there would be comments along the lines of 'haven't you got real criminals to catch' ?

And the 'taxis do it all the time and you don't do anything about that' and 'we are just soft/easy targets for you traffic cops'.

They are mostly on the East Rand.... “did you just check my chick out bru?!!?”

They will bend your nose, never mind spokes

Out of interest … why do we comment on other people’s wrong doing and acts as a law enforcing authority. As a cyclist you are responsible for your actions, as a fellow cyclist you might not agree that someone is breaking the law and skip a light, but in actual fact it has nothing to do with you  :whistling: 

Funny how people are always so law abiding and never skip a red light. Then as a pedestrian you probably never cross mid-block and only on the 5 – 7 seconds of the green man at every intersection and every time you cross the road, cause if you don’t what is the difference as you are also in the wrong  :eek:

Out of interest … why do we comment on other people’s wrong doing and acts as a law enforcing authority. As a cyclist you are responsible for your actions, as a fellow cyclist you might not agree that someone is breaking the law and skip a light, but in actual fact it has nothing to do with you  :whistling: 

Funny how people are always so law abiding and never skip a red light. Then as a pedestrian you probably never cross mid-block and only on the 5 – 7 seconds of the green man at every intersection and every time you cross the road, cause if you don’t what is the difference as you are also in the wrong  :eek:

Told you this would be used.

Out of interest … why do we comment on other people’s wrong doing and acts as a law enforcing authority. As a cyclist you are responsible for your actions, as a fellow cyclist you might not agree that someone is breaking the law and skip a light, but in actual fact it has nothing to do with you :whistling:

Funny how people are always so law abiding and never skip a red light. Then as a pedestrian you probably never cross mid-block and only on the 5 – 7 seconds of the green man at every intersection and every time you cross the road, cause if you don’t what is the difference as you are also in the wrong :eek:

Because we live in a society and we look after each other.

If you saw a little child being murdered next to the road, I assume you will call the cops and stop the attacker, even though it has nothing to do with you. Before somebody has a hernia, its called hyperbole to frame a concept.

Edited by Patchelicious

Because we a society and in a society we look after each other.

If you saw a little child being murdered next to the road, I assume you will call the cops and stop the attacker, even though it has nothing to do with you. Before somebody has a hernia, its called hyperbole to frame a concept.

Just because you passed the ELT’s doesn’t mean you can dish out English tips

Because we a society and in a society we look after each other.

....or a silly comparison to win a silly argument ...... :thumbup: 

Also, the law is, well, the law.

If you ride like a tjop and cause an accident, other people are affected.

My wife is currently pregnant. If you break the law and through your actions cause some sort of accident or trauma that in turn causes her to lose the baby, there are quite severe consequences.

Flagrant disregard for the laws that govern our society is unfortunately far too common here.

I WILL stop or try to stop you driving drunk and/or call the police if you ignore me. All too often laws are blatantly ignored until suddenly, oh dear, I'm caught and there are consequences! Then it's the laws fault or some other entitled deflection in a feeble attempt to justify said law breaking.

Meh.... I'm quite sensitive about this. People just don't care and it's pretty concerning. 

It's the same as being caught riding in Tokai after hours and then being a dick to the authorized person who is just enforcing the rules set up for our safety. Zero accountability despite obviously being in the wrong. 

Edited by Jewbacca

My wife is currently pregnant. If you break the law and through your actions cause some sort of accident or trauma that in turn causes her to lose the baby, there are quite severe consequences.

Flagrant disregard for the laws that govern our society is unfortunately far too common here.

I WILL stop or try to stop you driving drunk and/or call the police if you ignore me. All too often laws are blatantly ignored until suddenly, oh dear, I'm caught and there are consequences! Then it's the laws fault or some other entitled deflection in a feeble attempt to justify said law breaking.

Meh.... I'm quite sensitive about this. People just don't care and it's pretty concerning.

It's the same as being caught riding in Tokai after hours and then being a dick to the guy who is just enforcing the rules set up for our safety. Zero accountability despite obviously being in the wrong.

Congrats!

#deflection

It's the same as being caught riding in Tokai after hours and then being a dick to the guy who is just enforcing the rules set up for our safety. Zero accountability despite obviously being in the wrong. 

but what was the guy doing the catching, doing in Tokai after closing time if they aren't a ranger?

....or a silly comparison to win a silly argument ...... :thumbup:

I’m not trying to win argument. I’m trying to show, albeit with exaggeration, that we have a certain responsibility to look after each other.

Weren’t you guys taught about elimition through exaggeration in maths to eliminate incorrect approaches quite quickly?

I’m not trying to win argument. I’m trying to show, albeit with exaggeration, that we have a certain responsibility to look after each other.

Weren’t you guys taught about elimition elimination through exaggeration in maths to eliminate incorrect approaches quite quickly?