10 cyclist hit & run incident - Centurion

Fred van Vlaanderen

Can we charge the officer in charge for dereliction of duty? This is clearly not acceptable, and one gets the impression that the perpetrator is being protected by the police.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please can you post the link, maybe they will be interested in helping put pressure on the police.

I'm sure all involved are doing everything they can to assist the police and to expedite finding Justice themselves

I'm sure all involved are doing everything they can to assist the police and to expedite finding Justice themselves

I’m sure they are, nonetheless I would like to offer my assistance if they need it.

I’m not asking you to get involved.

What about the passenger. Surely he / she can assist in tracking down the driver.

This just seems very fishy that almost a week down the line no arrests have been made

What about the passenger. Surely he / she can assist in tracking down the driver.

This just seems very fishy that almost a week down the line no arrests have been made

The passenger unfortunately passed away too.

You sure about this, according to the initial article:

"The passenger in the vehicle sustained minor injuries."

I could be wrong. Pretty sure I read that somewhere. 

One article I read also said the passenger passed away. BUT also read articles stating what you said. So not sure.

Beaten to death? 

That is a turnaround seeing as it was mentioned minor injuries? plot thickens

This is truly a sad state of affairs.

Condolences to everyone.

As always I dont like these kinds of threads.

Reality is tho, that the police is hopeless. They wont do anything or as little as possible to assist. My most recent encounter was in dec. Long long story. I was in the captains office. We made arrangements and nothing up until now. I called more than 20 times for the captain and a detective. No one ever called back. This is a police station in another town. I have given up, the law does not serve. The notion of expecting police to go hunt down someone, race after soemone with sirens, setup a sting is unfortunately only on tv or in the states. My experience, all my life with police is just beyond ludicrous. The paper pushers at the desk of a station do better work than the people out on patrol or investigating. I have seen with my own eyes how police and gang members do dealings.

I will be very surprised(wont uump for joy sorry) if anything comes from this via the police. Best bet would be social media channels with hourly updates as to hour poor the police and government are in law enforcement. Tag various groups, ministers, etc, as many as possible try and get carte blanche involved, even varoius radio stations to plead for the suspect to come forward.

Maybe then the ball will really start rolling

It seems private investigators should get involved. Someone like Mike Bolhuis perhaps.... the police is useless and pathetic. I have had interactions with officers at head office in pretoria in the past. It is astonishing what level the lack of accountability is from the top

It seems private investigators should get involved. Someone like Mike Bolhuis perhaps.... the police is useless and pathetic. I have had interactions with officers at head office in pretoria in the past. It is astonishing what level the lack of accountability is from the top

Imagine if the police and justice system could be privatised..... not by the guptas of course!!

Archived