Garmin Launch Edge 530 and Edge 830

shaper

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have just taken the deal, lets see when I get it.

So not a typo.

Great price, I bought a 520 non bundle about 18 months ago for that price and it was on special.

Now waiting for an 830 special like that. I kind have grown accustomed to touch screen.

So not a typo.

Great price, I bought a 520 non bundle about 18 months ago for that price and it was on special.

Now waiting for an 830 special like that. I kind have grown accustomed to touch screen.

Touch screen is great, I will have a 810 for sale very soon.

Evans have a Black Rideday special on the 530 MTB bundle for 179 pounds. Just received the email. That's an eye watering deal if not a typo I reckon.

Flip that’s a great price. I paid £194 after vitality discount for mine without any bundles. Brilliant

I agree.

Which makes having it on a good thing, you can see who is calling or who the message is from, so dont have to keep worrying that you missed an important call or emergency. the rest you can then safely ignore until after the ride.

I used to ride with an earphone in the left ear, I took a call from a prospective employer whilst out on the bike once.

This has come in handy for me a few times. My wife knows that if it's urgent to call or sms as that way I can see, otherwise I don't bother pulling my phone out to check whatsapps or answer calls. The year the CTCT got cancelled, I was busy grinding up edinburgh drive when I got the sms to say race called off, I read the message on my garmin. I also use the crash detection thing which only works if the phone is connected.

Are there any silicone covers and screen protectors available in SA yet for the 530? I should receive mine this week, but given the price I'd like to protect it as much as is possible. It will be tethered, covered, and bubble-wrapped if need be...

just a quick tip the 530 Dirt Bundle is on special again @ 185 pounds, add about R400 DHL delivery and R600 Vat/handling

Edit: My bad! 520 Bundle

Edited by Dexter-morgan

Are there any silicone covers and screen protectors available in SA yet for the 530? I should receive mine this week, but given the price I'd like to protect it as much as is possible. It will be tethered, covered, and bubble-wrapped if need be...

Please do that !!

Never thought of doing it and never had an issue with my 510 flying off in 5 years, and then boom, gone in a flash at the 947.

Didnt budget on spending 8k on a unit, but now I am forced to. Have my eye set on the 830.

Please do that !!

Never thought of doing it and never had an issue with my 510 flying off in 5 years, and then boom, gone in a flash at the 947.

Didnt budget on spending 8k on a unit, but now I am forced to. Have my eye set on the 830.

I found this:

Tip of the day: How to display your name and phone number on your Garmin Edge

I'm definitely going to add a similar message. One more safety net can't hurt.

Edited by HdB