Garmin Launch Edge 530 and Edge 830

shaper

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get my hands on a 530 in the US about a month ago. 

Loving the unit. 5/7 would recommend.

Navigation is great even without the SA maps loaded yet. 

Picks up satellite significantly faster than my forerunner 235 does. 

If you like looking at data and stats like i do then the 'new' performance features should make you smile. 

Jump feature on MTB mode seem to be very sensitive as it picks up the front wheel movement, ie wheels, nose pops etc are seen as a jump. 

Yet to get the full benefit of grit/flow as this seems to be mostly tuned to DH / enduro runs more than JHB riding. 

I am no tech guru but this has been one of the better bike purchases in 2019 for me. 

Good Morning Hubbers

We have confirmed that our stock of the New Garmin Edge 530 & 830 will be arriving in today....

If anyone is still looking to purchase any of the New units we still have a few available and we will include the Free Thule Bag while stocks last....

Edge 530 - https://www.easybike.co.za/catalogsearch/result/?q=Edge+530&x=0&y=0

Edge 830 - https://www.easybike.co.za/catalogsearch/result/?q=Edge+830&x=0&y=0

Regards

EasyBike

Look what arrived in yesterday....  :clap:

Most of the orders have already been shipped and a few final ones being shipped today...

Keep a lookout if you placed a Pre-Order your new Edge 530 or 830 should be arriving soon.

If you are still looking... We have a few left and can have them with you in time for the weekend.

post-18997-0-98828700-1567669753_thumb.jpg

Thanks Easybike.

Received mine in Pretoria this morning.

Looks like a pretty cool devise.  Screen is top notch and very reactive on the touch screen part. 

Will play around with it later this afternoon setting up the sensors at home etc.

Most of the orders have already been shipped and a few final ones being shipped today...

Keep a lookout if you placed a Pre-Order your new Edge 530 or 830 should be arriving soon.

If you are still looking... We have a few left and can have them with you in time for the weekend.

attachicon.gifEdge 530-830.JPG

I really NEED [eeer want] one, but just pulled the trigger yesterday on another new frameset which I got at an amazingly good price so this will have to wait a lil longer :( :(

Higher than i expected !! 8K locally for the bundle - 5.8K incl VAT in Europe - Thanks Garmin SA I know where my money will be going.

OOOOHHHHH!!!!!! 

I like it alot!

Anyone wanna buy my 520?? :-(

All our Edge 530 & 830 orders have been shipped and they should all now be delivered.

How did the testing go over the weekend? Are you all enjoying your New units?

Regards

EasyBike

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can get a silicon protective cover for a 530?

Only finding for 520s locally.

(Or any suggestions who to use to get one from overseas?)

EasiBike

Bought one at cycle lab Fourways today.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing the variance in pricing - Easibike want R7999, Cyclelab R7499 and Sportsman warehouse R6999 (for the 530 bundle). What really surprises me is that Easibike are the most expensive, where generally they are well priced, whiles Sportsmans warehouse, are the cheapest and they normally are not cheap. If you are on Discovery Vitality (and have jumped through all their hoops), then it is a no brainer to go the sportsmans route.

Amazing how long it has taken though, for these product to get to SA. Launched in Late April only available here late September!

Amazing the variance in pricing - Easibike want R7999, Cyclelab R7499 and Sportsman warehouse R6999 (for the 530 bundle). What really surprises me is that Easibike are the most expensive, where generally they are well priced, whiles Sportsmans warehouse, are the cheapest and they normally are not cheap. If you are on Discovery Vitality (and have jumped through all their hoops), then it is a no brainer to go the sportsmans route.

Amazing how long it has taken though, for these product to get to SA. Launched in Late April only available here late September!

You can probably thank ICASA for the delay, getting this type of equipment approved to sell in ZA is like looking for hens teeth.

The differences in price is a good thing, it shows a free market economy working and indicates no or very little price fixing.