[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

Actually, not sure if that was Kelsey on the Plumber run... different bike. Looks like a commie instead of the Trek that I think he now rides. 

OK, that's it for me, then, if it wasn't him, then OBVIOUSLY he was too skrik bang to ride it then!

What sort of evac plan is there?.... cause I predict some major crashes... :eek:  :excl:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Myles has dropped his full course preview...FYI, this is the last dude I should be watching tackle these stages...ah well I'll let him go first! :eek:

https://bikenetwork.co.za/sa-enduro-champs-preview-stage-povs-sram/?fbclid=IwAR1fzb7MOmF78LeXOFV-m6Wd6Ab2hM9KQz7hEntMDKoWihj7V50I8Ou1bOc

We have 10 POV's of Stage one but none of stage 4..

Miles is fast hey.. he commits to the switchbacks where I often come in hot tuck in but cant resist braking through the turn which robs momentum and flow, and the result is It steals energy and obvious exit speed. Now the guy has been racing DH since I was Primary school, but still. 

I need to spend more time pushing the limits of that DHR II. Its basically what causes the above, lack of confidence. 

We have 10 POV's of Stage one but none of stage 4..

Miles is fast hey.. he commits to the switchbacks where I often come in hot tuck in but cant resist braking through the turn which robs momentum and flow, and the result is It steals energy and obvious exit speed. Now the guy has been racing DH since I was Primary school, but still. 

I need to spend more time pushing the limits of that DHR II. Its basically what causes the above, lack of confidence. 

Actually, not sure if that was Kelsey on the Plumber run... different bike. Looks like a commie instead of the Trek that I think he now rides. 

Guessing it's Chris Nixon so definitely a good pov to learn from...

Edited by Edge_Design

Nice one. 

Actually not much to worry about. Long bits of nothing in the middle aswell and quite a bit of pedaling. I will be saving myself during that run. I see he doesn't hit any of the gaps up top. I should go easy on myself, although I'm sure he could. When I don't, though just this little devil on my shoulder whispers "chicken sh#t" in my ear..

Nice one. 

Actually not much to worry about. Long bits of nothing in the middle aswell and quite a bit of pedaling. I will be saving myself during that run. I see he doesn't hit any of the gaps up top. I should go easy on myself, although I'm sure he could. When I don't, though just this little devil on my shoulder whispers "chicken sh#t" in my ear..

There's a tricky rock drop up top and IMO the b line is actually more tricky.

I think by the time guys get a lot of them (me) will be poegai and riding safe and looking for rest spots. If you watch his hands you'll see him open his hands on the chilled bits of trail to keep the claw at bay.

There's a tricky rock drop up top and IMO the b line is actually more tricky.

I think by the time guys get a lot of them (me) will be poegai and riding safe and looking for rest spots. If you watch his hands you'll see him open his hands on the chilled bits of trail to keep the claw at bay.

The one into the left hand turn?  I also remember a awkward blind rock bump one has to roll over just before the big jump on the second section. Its right off the road, but I sure cant spot it on here.

The POV also doesn't do the rocky bit up top much justice. Last time I did that trail all I could remember was rocks, and now on the POV I realize its about 10% of the whole thing. 

Edited by Bos

Up top there are 2 'features'.. The top rock drop is about 2m and BIG. It's just after the BIG gap and the sharp left at the top of the 'rock garden'.

The 2nd one is just above the first road crossing. It's a small drop on the left. The right hand line was the compulsory line last year and IMHO is more difficult and way slower than the drop.

The rest is all pretty straight forward except the 'lawyer needed' doubles on the flow section and whether the A frame or the berm corner will be quicker.... Oh.... that little hill to crank over is going to get the HR up a bit too at that stage of the day!

Up top there are 2 'features'.. The top rock drop is about 2m and BIG. It's just after the BIG gap and the sharp left at the top of the 'rock garden'.

The 2nd one is just above the first road crossing. It's a small drop on the left. The right hand line was the compulsory line last year and IMHO is more difficult and way slower than the drop.

The rest is all pretty straight forward except the 'lawyer needed' doubles on the flow section and whether the A frame or the berm corner will be quicker.... Oh.... that little hill to crank over is going to get the HR up a bit too at that stage of the day!

Yea I think I got confused with the lines, which on heatmaps one realizes, there are many of at that point. I am talking about the line by the arrow. I think you refer to the tricky rock drop on the left?

I think the POV's are all just gunning straight passed all that stuff.

This is what happens If one cant get out and ride and gets stuck behind a keyboard instead ;)

I got meetings now. Chat later

post-1279-0-15300900-1568713467_thumb.jpg

Yea I think I got confused with the lines, which on heatmaps one realizes, there are many of at that point. I am talking about the line by the arrow. I think you refer to the tricky rock drop on the left?

I think the POV's are all just gunning straight passed all that stuff.

This is what happens If one cant get out and ride and gets stuck behind a keyboard instead ;)

I got meetings now. Chat later

I could be wrong but I think you're referring to a section that was completely bypassed in the enduro (last year at least) - there was a flat run that didn't go near the "jump line". The jump is on the far right of the picture at about 2m19 in the video