Challenge Cape Town

nadesdan

Just replied on that then saw this. Wonder where the route will go. 

RACE IN THE WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL CITY

Welcome to Cape Town – home to the first Challenge Family event in Africa, as well as the first middle distance triathlon in the Mother City! A flat, fast, and spectacularly scenic route awaits!

Date: 10 November 2019

Distance: 1.9km swim | 90km cycle | 21.1km runParticipants will enjoy a scenic cold water swim (wetsuit compulsory) before pushing their limits on the flat and fast bike -, and undulating run course. This is the perfect opportunity to smash your middle distance tri PB, and first-timers to this triathlon distance are welcome too.

Edited by Dirt Tracker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was all super hyped up at this event, but the race details took forever to be released so I've decided to do Cape Ultra this year. 

if Challenge CT is succesful I'll do it next year.

I'm entered. As a pretty average climber on the bike I chose this over the Cape Ultra or Race 2 Stanford. I hope this one doesn't get canned if the interest is low.

Up and down the same piece of flat road?  That is so dull!

I'd be keen to try out an event like this, but the route for the ride and the run leaves a lot to be desired, as does a swim at Big Bay.  Brrrrr.

• 3 weeks later...

entered last night.the point to point sort of racing is normally interesting.Had the same in Scotland a few years back before that was cancelled.I also did Auckland race that was cancelled.I hope this is not a trend for the races which I choose.

• 2 months later...

So with those waiting to see if it was successful to do it next year, is 325 entries successful?

To those who did it, how was it?