MTB Baggies - what, where?

nox1111

6 minutes ago, HenryS said:

I absolutely love them; they are very comfortable because they are well, baggy and not fitted. They probably wouldn't work for you then.

Thanx Henry. I don't need extreme fitted, just don't want them to flap too much, if this makes sense. Will keep on snooping around  ????

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, HenryS said:

I absolutely love them; they are very comfortable because they are well, baggy and not fitted. They probably wouldn't work for you then.

?what size are you wearing?

I find the Vye trail shorts and Enjoy Reptila to be the closest to affordable fitted "baggies". Maybe thats just because my leg circumference is larger than most my height....?

The Assos Trail Cargo is more expensive but also a more fitted garment that others

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I find the Vye trail shorts and Enjoy Reptila to be the closest to affordable fitted "baggies". Maybe thats just because my leg circumference is larger than most my height....?

The Assos Trail Cargo is more expensive but also a more fitted garment that others

Hi D, i am a 34, my bibs are medium, 86kg, 1.87m, your average joe 

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Mine are XL. I could possibly fit into a large and then it would be more fitted, but I'm sure the buttons would keep on popping like some of my old shots.

1) anyone know if riding MTB in Jorts are acceptable in this country ?

2) is if yes to 1) , then do they have to be MTB specific.?

3)  if No to 2) can a cut an old pair of jeans up?

Edited by YaseenEnos

1 minute ago, YaseenEnos said:

anyone know if riding MTB in Jorts are acceptable in this country ?

if yes, then do they have to be MTB specific.?

if No can a cut an old pair of jeans up?

5 years ago.... Pretty sure you can wear whatever you want. Jorts are old news though

theU.jpg

Westpeak, RH77, Vye, Ciovita and Enjoy all seem to have decent cuts that aren't an overly baggy fit. Likewise POC, albeit slightly long. This is to accommodate knee padding though and doesn't catch on them at the cuffs.

Currently riding with the Assos Rally shorts, they aren't cheap but last a lifetime. A good few years and thousands of km later, they're still as good as the day I got them.

I have never really understood baggies for MTB, unless you fall a lot and need something durable then bibs will always be more comfortable.

Is it because cool kids cant be seen in tight fitting stuff? worried your package is on show?

I swam competitively for years so maybe being used to standing around in a speedo made me immune to people's opinions...

40 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Recently purchased a pair of these: https://www.takealot.com/arsuxeo-men-s-cycling-shorts/PLID72835097

Super light fabric and breathes really well. 

Slightly longer and baggier than the fitted ones but I prefer the extra room for knee pads. 

Adjustable waist straps and hook style fastener is nice. Fit is true. 

Thanks, just bought a pair. I’m a 36 at the moment and tried on a pair of Fox shorts that were a bit snug. Hopefully these will fit a bit better and when I get skinny I can adjust them????

19 minutes ago, Rocket-Boy said:

I have never really understood baggies for MTB, unless you fall a lot and need something durable then bibs will always be more comfortable.

Is it because cool kids cant be seen in tight fitting stuff? worried your package is on show?

I swam competitively for years so maybe being used to standing around in a speedo made me immune to people's opinions...

You sound triggered chap. Calm down, have a drink. 

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

Recently purchased a pair of these: https://www.takealot.com/arsuxeo-men-s-cycling-shorts/PLID72835097

Super light fabric and breathes really well. 

Slightly longer and baggier than the fitted ones but I prefer the extra room for knee pads. 

Adjustable waist straps and hook style fastener is nice. Fit is true. 

A couple of these in different colours have been great in hard rotation in a six day cycling week for 18 months now. Excellent for keeping thighs cool on long, hot days out.  They’ve stood up really well, colour still deep black as well.  Paid about half that takealot price though.

Edited by justinafrika