Carbon MTB Wheels

madmarc

I'm playing with the idea of building a set of carbon wheels for my 29er using my existing HOPE PRO EVO2 hubs, looking for recommendations on which hoops to look for. 

I'm playing with the idea of building a set of carbon wheels for my 29er using my existing HOPE PRO EVO2 hubs, looking for recommendations on which hoops to look for. 

Can only say I am super happy with my Derby's.......

Been on a set of AERO Carbon rims from Northcliff Cycles for about 4 months now on my XC duel-sus bike. They are holding up well - have had them through a few rock gardens, a few jumps and drop-offs and they seem to be fine? Also, for a carbon rim, they are not badly priced either?

Personally, having known people who have made a habit out of trashing rims and testing em, I'll go the SOUTH route again if mine ever break. Their replacement policy & service are also excellent, plus they're local. 

Alternatives: 

CSixx

Nextie
XMCarbonSpeed (very good reviews)

Derby

Light Bicycle

I sent you a PM Marc.

I'm building way more carbon wheels at the moment than alloy ones, and the Nexties and Souths are both awesome options.

It's great to support local (and South actually make their rims in CT) so that would be my first recommendation.

Nexties are very nice too, a bit cheaper, but take a month or so to arrive.

post-72928-0-12656400-1562793203_thumb.jpg

post-72928-0-77514500-1562793567_thumb.png

Oh, just remembered now that ENVE have a new "no questions asked" replacement policy for ANY damaged rims so makes them a viable option too.........

As far as I know Santa Cruz has the same policy on their Reserve rims, but they are $$$.

I would go for South myself. Love the “Handgemaak” logo...

Oh, just remembered now that ENVE have a new "no questions asked" replacement policy for ANY damaged rims so makes them a viable option too.........

.....@R18K per rim.... they better keep giving me replacements till the day I die