947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

Fourways mall. Monte for R10 secure parking and a nice downhill warmup. All good places. 

That's my choice. Monte 4 way too dangerous. 

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to all. May the wind be at your back all the way down the M1. I am not going to be able to ride because of a hernia surgery on Monday.

I am feeling like the last kid at the Xmas party at the moment when i see all the posts.....

Even the EBike was looking tempting but its just too risky....

f7d4a9c23275d7220064956a572eb601.jpg

I still think they have a year missing, just been to lazy to dig through my photos for proof.

Is this list published anywhere on the net?

Is this list published anywhere on the net?

I dont know actually. Signed it last year too and that was the last I saw of it

Anyone with a Double Lapper entry? I decided last moment to enter but my starting time will put me on the second lap about 15 min too late. I could just put head down on the roads if they close them ...I will catch the back markers or do they close the gates at Steyn City? advice?

Of course I will gladly donate extra to the charity involved... Who can be contacted?

Edited by TALUS

Anyone with a Double Lapper entry? I decided last moment to enter but my starting time will put me on the second lap about 15 min too late. I could just put head down on the roads if they close them ...I will catch the back markers or do they close the gates at Steyn City? advice?

Of course I will gladly donate extra to the charity involved... Who can be contacted?

Only suggestion I have is Chris from Qhubeka, I will PM you his number. Try to ring him and see whether he is able to assist. They definitely do a DL group.

I'm happy with that, very close to a perfect day out, we always knew the wind would be from the front on the highway, it always is.

To the guys in B-batch: I am willing to form a rolling echelon in the crosswind on the M1 with guys willing to work, it seems to be the easiest way to make progress. Better than being pummeled in the gutter...

In B group, happy to work together with guys. 

Help my asb op jou 2de lap