947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy riding with the baggies perhaps? Whatever he had for breakfast was working.

Some oke came past me at Blue hills on a SS simple sam. Respect...he was charging!

The guy riding with the baggies perhaps? Whatever he had for breakfast was working.

I can't remember, but it did make me look at Simple Sam's again...nice bikes!  

Ok so that is a No, No, N/A. Just as I thought.

Lesson learnt.

First state your bio before having an opinion.

At least you got 1 out of 3 right - In current RSA that is seen as a Pass, well done.

Edited by Carbon_Kooi

Lesson learnt.

First state your bio before having an opinion.

Nah, just don't claim to be able to drop one of the top female Pro Tour riders on a climb (any kind of climb) and then not be able to back that claim up.

Easy as that. 

Edited by Wannabe

Nah, just don't claim to be able to drop one of the top female Pro Tour riders on a climb (any kind of climb) and then not be able to back that claim up.

Easy as that. 

I honestly answered a question posed to me, and I stand by my answer, do not make assumptions.

Fact is it does not have anything to do with the topic that was being discussed. Doesn't make a difference what my abilities are compared to anybody else.

This is derailing the thread, I suggest we leave it here.

Edited by Carbon_Kooi

I know of a Lady that got seeded on her Tandem race times in WB start group, needless to say they dropped her before they left Steyn city

Checked the results. It looks like 2 of them tandem ladies were seeded in WB. I guess it’s lesson learned.

Mentioned it before but will repeat it again.

Years back there used to be a road race in Edenvale sponsored by coco cola. I found myself in B group front bunch when we caught and as we were passing the Elite women some guy mentioned them been caught by boep pens amateurs, this obviously struck a nerve with them as next thing we saw was a blur as they sped away leaving us to eat their dust.

Edited by scotty

:eek:

Have you ever raced against the top SA lady riders?

Do you race vets? What age group?

Kooi does ride VA and rose 2.39 on Sunday. Agree with him that his personal abilities are not part of the discussion.

Kooi does ride VA and rose 2.39 on Sunday. Agree with him that his personal abilities are not part of the discussion.

Thanks Mr Koster, now that everyone knows what time I rode with my wife, does that change the facts I used to base my opinion on?

Edited by Carbon_Kooi

Well done all.

My ride didnt go that well, went too hard from the start, then lost my garmin on malibongwe over those speed breakers, the mount broke and unit flew off. From there it was like riding blind, we rely soo much on tech.

Got dropped up Jan Smuts then had loads of people pass me, so sat up abit thinking I'm way off and there's no chance of doing a good time.

Picked up a good bunch on the M1, had some time to recover and went strong till the end. Finished in 3:02, was soo bummed about it. Had I know my times along the route, I'm sure I would have pushed harder.

Oh well, thats how it goes.

If anyone comes across a Edge 510, please let me know. My name and contact number is on the start up screen.

Cheers

I’ve just spoken to one of the sector controllers where you lost your Garmin (he’s part of the Mountain Rescue Club that is part of our race committee). A unit with cover was handed in to the organizers - and will try get a number.

Edit: sent you a PM with the contact name and number

Edited by Frosty

I think you're missing the point that in elites they ride for position and not the fastest possible time (as in all racing bunches), ie if the whole bunch slows down, there is no point in going fast and there is a whole lot less co-operation int he bunch as they are riding against each other.

My point is that the girls benefit from the guys’ speed in A batch, who are riding faster than the elite ladies.

Just an interesting note to make... seems like a lot of riders love the reverse route, including myself. With all the good being put into organising the race and all the smooth flowing of the event WHY is there still a steady decline in the number of finishers on racetec? Has the number of entrants also decreased? I will post my opinion in the comments below...

Just an interesting note to make... seems like a lot of riders love the reverse route, including myself. With all the good being put into organising the race and all the smooth flowing of the event WHY is there still a steady decline in the number of finishers on racetec? Has the number of entrants also decreased? I will post my opinion in the comments below...

Pressure on the purse of the normal South African is starting to show.

Saw this from a good friend on Fb

Dr xxxxxx , who had a bad fall at the 94,7 yesterday and is in a induced coma , a punctured Lung and swelling on the Brain , please Pray for a complete recovery and good report ,shortly . thanking you all ,,,,,,Jesus ,Please take the wheel , you , Lord are the God who healeth ...[emoji3531][emoji3531] hang in there Willie , the Lord is with you .

Friends of my Parents. Ambulance found him but at this stage unsure what happend or where. Was airlifted to hospital and condition still the same. If anyone know anything please let me know