947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

The reversed route makes sense for non cycling northern suburb resident as the majority of roads can be opened earlier, so it keeps the peace so to speak. I still think its harder this way round.

I've heard mutterings that this is the last year 947 are media partners..

And from next year it will be a smoking 'hot' event with some other Jhb based regional radio station...

Not going to complain about a bit of change. No two editions of the world's biggest races are ever the same. 

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find  :thumbup: , definitely something to do with it.

Extra vitality points for completing the 947, but I doubt it, it is already a recognized event.

Double points for the month of October/November...?

If that's the announcement I would be bitterly disappointed. Why not half price for Diamond members (none of this money back BS)? Or a PROPER goodie bag? Or number printing at home?!?

Great.... Now i have to listen to him at the start of the race ...... again......

Oh joy. The best. Cant wait.

Sarcasm off.....

Yeah look I wasn't that happy when they fired Sasha for calling Malema an idiot and replacing him with Mansfield. What makes it even worse is Sam has now joined him as the traffic lady but she does more than just traffic unfortunately. The music is still better than their old station. The rest of the DJs are still pretty cool though. Mark Pilgram does 9-12.

Yeah look I wasn't that happy when they fired Sasha for calling Malema an idiot and replacing him with Mansfield. What makes it even worse is Sam has now joined him as the traffic lady but she does more than just traffic unfortunately. The music is still better than their old station. The rest of the DJs are still pretty cool though. Mark Pilgram does 9-12.

Can't stand Anele, Cant pick up Mix until after Kraft rd. It used to be Spotify/Podcasts on the way to the office and 947 drive on the way home, they now just gone and put DJFresh on the afternoon drive so I'll not be listening to 947 at all going forward.

Sasha is now on LM radio (the old 702 frequency on AM).  Music is more "older" generation though.

Can't stand Anele, Cant pick up Mix until after Kraft rd. It used to be Spotify/Podcasts on the way to the office and 947 drive on the way home, they now just gone and put DJFresh on the afternoon drive so I'll not be listening to 947 at all going forward.

Soundcloud re. 

Haha, i am an idiot. Taking a cycling Fred ad turning into a DJ bashing thread.

But on that, I still dig listening to Tony B in the morning, Al My Pal is also cool as is Simon Parkinson on the two stations I listen to.

Why would 94.7 be punting " an announcement you will want to hear" if they were pulling out?

The Discovery Pick n Pay Pick It Up Eskom 94.7 Cycle challenge

Edited by Prince

Argh, I have caved, I am listening to them at work.

They keep on saying it is a humongous announcement, this better be big, I am already irritated.

Same. 

Same. 

Argh, I have caved, I am listening to them at work.

They keep on saying it is a humongous announcement, this better be big, I am already irritated.

Post once you know, no point in more of us listening and being irritated :P