Flat Pedal Shoes in Cape Town

TooFatforEpic

With 5 10s seemingly no longer available, does anyone know know where I might find decent alternative flat pedal shoes in Cape Town?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chat to the guy's at Knipe Racing they or partner of them bringing in great grippy shoes similar quality as 5 10 but at much better prices.

Swing past City Rock in Cpt. Their Randburg branch does stock 510 climbing shoes, they might be able to order you a set, but they also stock Addidas' Terrex range with the Conti tread (which many trials riders use).

Swing past City Rock in Cpt. Their Randburg branch does stock 510 climbing shoes, they might be able to order you a set, but they also stock Addidas' Terrex range with the Conti tread (which many trials riders use).

CR doesn't have the rights to import the 5.10 MTB stuff and their Terrex is not the riding version, it's more the approach and trail version so the sole is completely wrong.

You can get 5.10 MTB stuff in CT, Get Stoked distribution are the importers (unless they recently stopped) and are based in CT.

However you have 2 other solid options (as mentioned prev), both the Spez 2FO flat shoe and the Ion Raid Amp. 

The Spez you can see at any Spez dealership and the Ion are at The Brand Stable who have an outlet store in Blouberg.

I had the older model 2FO and they worked but were enormous and klunky. The new 2FO are sexy, but I went with the Ion's and they are holding up well (although I hate to say the upper is not holding up as well as the old 2FO). The Spez sole I had dies fast, but apparently the rubber has changed. The Ion sole i snow about 10 months old and I reckon it's got another 4 or so before it will need a sole replacement.

The joys of riding flats...you kill shoe soles FAST.

Thanks everyone for your input. My understanding is that the 5 10s are no longer being imported and they have limited sizing left.

The Brand Stable has confirmed they have a range of Ions at the Blouberg store, Specialized have the 2FOs and The Bike Park at Uitsig have the Bontrager Flatlines available. At least I have some options to choose from. 

also look at pinned.co.za for online options. If you have 5 10s currently and know your preference and sizing, they have quite a few still available.

Thanks everyone for your input. My understanding is that the 5 10s are no longer being imported and they have limited sizing left.

The Brand Stable has confirmed they have a range of Ions at the Blouberg store, Specialized have the 2FOs and The Bike Park at Uitsig have the Bontrager Flatlines available. At least I have some options to choose from. 

5-10 was bought by ADDIDAS.

ADDIDAS has since become one of Danny Macaskill's sponsors ....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWkFYZnbPSY

Probably just a matter of time until we get 5-10 in SA via a totally different distribution network.

5-10 was bought by ADDIDAS.

ADDIDAS has since become one of Danny Macaskill's sponsors .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWkFYZnbPSY

Probably just a matter of time until we get 5-10 in SA via a totally different distribution network.

Don't get your hopes up. My money is on Adidas SA not even bothering with it as the units will be too little.