Bike Shop Damaged My Frame Issue - Help!

mrcg

do you have shares in CD, why always trying to cover up their wrong doing ?

Yeah, let me just fill up the groves on my BB shell and go bashing through the mountains waiting for something to go wrong.

I sure do have huge shares in the business ... that is why I ride the best of Spaz bikes and have all the new flash kit out there.

Do I need to use sarcastic font?

Again, I am falling back on previous threads on the hub where a LBS or person get's flamed to kingdom come and when the dust finally settles the story is not always as clear cut as it was in the beginning.

Until CD have formally responded with their side of the story I will still reserve judgement and the good old pitchfork will collect dust in the dungeon until it is time to take it out for a good lynch mobbing at midnight (flaming torches are mandatory, but please follow all necessary health and safety laws around carrying a open flame in a public space)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure do have huge shares in the business ... that is why I ride the best of Spaz bikes and have all the new flash kit out there.

Do I need to use sarcastic font?

Again, I am falling back on previous threads on the hub where a LBS or person get's flamed to kingdom come and when the dust finally settles the story is not always as clear cut as it was in the beginning.

Until CD have formally responded with their side of the story I will still reserve judgement and the good old pitchfork will collect dust in the dungeon until it is time to take it out for a good lynch mobbing at midnight (flaming torches are mandatory, but please follow all necessary health and safety laws around carrying a open flame in a public space)

Sorry to derail, but your comment takes me back to the thread about a certain bike shop in the Swartland who damaged a Giant so badly in places they were not even supposed to work on if I remember correctly. Did anything come of it or did it just die down quietly?

I've used this stuff many times to repair damage to wings but mostly in areas where there is a lot of load bearing structure around the repair. it gives you a hard brittel surface that can be sanded and machined. Thats great for filling in the damage to the bb but its not replacing the strenght lost due load carrying fibres being destroyed.

Once you do a repair to a bike frame you cannot ever sell the frame or complete bike without disclosure to the prospective buyer.

Something of this value is not worthwhile to fight in court except if the lawyer / (Law Firm) is working for free.

Once you do a repair to a bike frame you cannot ever sell the frame or complete bike without disclosure to the prospective buyer.

Something of this value is not worthwhile to fight in court except if the lawyer / (Law Firm) is working for free.

I am glad there is a consumer(MRCG) doing this. He is also not just doing it for himself, but its on behalf of every consumer out there. We cannot fight a fight like this. Brands think nothing of a single consumer who has an issue.

I am glad there is a consumer(MRCG) doing this. He is also not just doing it for himself, but its on behalf of every consumer out there. We cannot fight a fight like this. Brands think nothing of a single consumer who has an issue.

I am also glad

Seriously now mrcg ... can we please see pics of the damaged BB .... dying to see just how bad it is?

And who does not like sharing or looking at other peoples bicycles anyway!

Seriously now mrcg ... can we please see pics of the damaged BB .... dying to see just how bad it is?

And who does not like sharing or looking at other peoples bicycles anyway!

It won't take much wear for the crank to begin flopping about.  This won't come out well in a picture but you'll certainly be able to feel it.  In this case a picture does not tell a thousand words.  

Should we not just let sleeping dogs lie?

In this case, is this thread the sleeping dog, are cycles direct or is MRCG?  :ph34r:

How KaaS, no response from anyone or even a pic as a number of people have asked!

Who to believe without evidence?

Hi Guys, so i have had two bikes fail with BB ovalization in the past 3 years one Madone 5.2 and one Superfly 29er both failed in same way 

The quality of bearings we use can also affect performance and i have put these failures down to the bearings.after watching a video sent to me where the bearings used are mentioned

i will try attach a video that will give more info on this