Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Not too bothered about them getting rid of the goodie bags, the bottles are useful though, saves me having to buy new ones for general usage.

Nah, we doing the whole family trip again, for 10 days or so. He is doing it so far, with threat of him being disallowed if he doesn't train. As far as the wife and baby go, probably gonna fly them there and back as the trip down by car might be a bit much, but will have a look, can only book tickets once the baby is born and we know what name to book the baby under haha

I'm glad I am not part of your family, I would not have been allowed to race last year or this year :D . So you will be riding solo at least? 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I am not part of your family, I would not have been allowed to race last year or this year :D . So you will be riding solo at least? 

Haha, the threat of being blocked is based on him being 61 and slightly(largely) overweight so if you have that problem then yes.

Yeah, will be a first, so should be interesting

So, what are we feeling for weather? Goodie bag gonna be any good? Less than 2 months to GO!

Well, the wind was properly pumping in December, and backed off since new year, but from Wednesday it is back to gale force again for what seems to be another long spell. I am going with it looks like it will be windy. Unless it's not, then it will be sunny, unless it's not, then it will be rainy and windy, unless it's not...

This is Cape Town. Here, if you wait for the weather to play along, you will soon find out that you do nothing.

Tip for out of towner's would be to go find a long hill, and ride it with a strong head wind blowing. repeat many times. You will still not be ready for the Cape Doctor, but at least you got some good training... :whistling:

...............This is Cape Town. Here, if you wait for the weather to play along, you will soon find out that you do nothing................

True that :thumbup:

Gonna see how I do in Stellies Tour next weekend before pulling the trigger on CTCT.

My Airbnb in Hout Bay is still available for the upcountry folk. Just Saying.... And it's not expensive.... R900 a night for rockstar views and all the stuff.

He's not wrong!

Gonna see how I do in Stellies Tour next weekend before pulling the trigger on CTCT.

My Airbnb in Hout Bay is still available for the upcountry folk. Just Saying.... And it's not expensive.... R900 a night for rockstar views and all the stuff.

Best place I have ever stayed at.  Wish I could take it for the whole weekend but will only be there for one night and it won't be fair.......

Best place I have ever stayed at.  Wish I could take it for the whole weekend but will only be there for one night and it won't be fair.......

He's not wrong!

What's the place called or provide a link please?

Lol. It's Africa Bru. There are more dangerous things than a poisonous colorless odorless gas to worry about.  

Love how Air BnB puts that on every listing. 

Love how Air BnB puts that on every listing. 

Probably some EU regulation or something... anyway, if you stay at Duane's spot and DON'T keep the balcony doors open, well... you are missing a trick