Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been mentioned a number of times the gap between NH teams and SH teams, 2 apiece in the semi's now 1 each in the final. 

Every world cup final had one of each, except for 1995. NH has only won once though

Every Monday the rankings are updated

Double points earned during World Cup fever time

Quick copy-paste:
(2)
ENGLAND
(4)
SOUTH AFRICA
(1)
NEW ZEALAND
(3)
WALES
(5)
IRELAND
(6)
AUSTRALIA
(7)
FRANCE
(8)
JAPAN
(9)
SCOTLAND
(10)
ARGENTINA

The tactical kicking game is fine as it's easier to gain territory.

But we kicked way too many times while on the attack, as if we were trying to play with some flair. If we just ran the ball through a few phases when in their 22 we'd have scored a try or two. We got over the advantage line when we kept ball in hand, but instead we ran 2 phases and kicked away possession with these little grubber kicks.

You watch that squidge SA vs NZ report... It's 5 phases kick...5 phases.. Kick... Very predictable

Absolutely loved Steve Hanson's answer to the question about the All Blacks not being "hungry enough". 

'If you want to spend time outside I’ll give you a rugby education'

​'Pretty average question I reckon"

Every world cup final had one of each, except for 1995. NH has only won once though

incorrect.

2015 RWC in england the semifinals was basically the rugby championships.

been 36 semifinalists in total now,

15 NH

21 SH

and despite it being mostly held in the NH, it's obviously 7 wins for SH vs 1 for NH...for now

Absolutely loved Steve Hanson's answer to the question about the All Blacks not being "hungry enough". 

'If you want to spend time outside I’ll give you a rugby education'

​'Pretty average question I reckon"

ah, context. excellent question, but only because it made him explode, streisand effect and all.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/rugby-world-cup-2019/2019/10/rugby-world-cup-2019-newshub-s-andrew-gourdie-responds-to-steve-hansen-challenge.html

So, who went for a ride on empty roads the last 2 hours?  :ph34r:

Haha! Long boring story but had my long ride planned so that I would finish at halftime, amazing how the roads cleared up that last hour (including fellow cyclists that disappeared from the roads)

Every Monday the rankings are updated

Double points earned during World Cup fever time

Quick copy-paste:

(2)

ENGLAND

(4)

SOUTH AFRICA

(1)

NEW ZEALAND

(3)

WALES

(5)

IRELAND

(6)

AUSTRALIA

(7)

FRANCE

(8)

JAPAN

(9)

SCOTLAND

(10)

ARGENTINA

i'm guessing we go top if we win then?

long way from 7th/8th when rassie took over last FEBRUARY!

England will likely be sanctioned for their "response" during the Haka.

Their response was fine, it was just that a couple of players crossed the halfway line, which they shouldn't have.

I think a slap-on-the-wrist monetary fine is sufficient here. A match-ban would be excessive and would negatively impact on the Match-up for the final.

i think the whole haka thing is bull. they should only do it in their own home games, but anywhere else they must expect backlash. i loved what England did. I am tired of everyone  treating the all blacks like some type of royalty that deserves special treatment.

Their response was fine, it was just that a couple of players crossed the halfway line, which they shouldn't have.

I think a slap-on-the-wrist monetary fine is sufficient here. A match-ban would be excessive and would negatively impact on the Match-up for the final.

Agree, but should not be sanctioned at all.

France iirc were fined for a similar thing a couple of years ago.